“Enjoyable, informative and full of laughs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambridge Tour Guides

Cambridge Tour Guides
Ranked #2 of 45 Tours in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide fun and family-friendly walking tours of historic Cambridge. We are fully trained registered Green Badge guides. Only Cambridge Green Badge guides are allowed to take groups inside the Cambridge colleges. We offer tours ranging from one to three hours. The most popular length of tour is two hours, which allows time to visit at least one of the historic colleges. This might be the world-famous King's College Chapel, with its many great treasures. Queens' College is very picturesque and is a good example of how the early colleges were founded and developed through the centuries. St John's College and Pembroke are also very popular with visitors. On our tours you will hear about the many famous, and infamous, people that helped to make Cambridge what it is today. We will also tell you about the story of the townspeople and show you iconic buildings such as St Bene't's Saxon church (built around 1030) and the Eagle Pub, renowned for its Royal Air Force bar. Above all, we aim to make our tours entertaining and enjoyable for all ages and interests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Cambridge, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enjoyable, informative and full of laughs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Tony kindly agreed to do a tour at very short notice for us on Good Friday. I had not used the company before, so was very pleased that my friends (and I) had a great time walking round places of interest and learning quirky historical facts. I have lived in Cambridge for over 20 years but learned quite a few new things. Tony made the trip extremely interesting, mixing the history of the town and the university. We seemed to laugh a lot - would highly recommend this tour to anyone with an hour and half to spare in Cambridge (though I think they do shorter tours too).

1 Thank Cambridge_Cook
Chris S, Owner at Cambridge Tour Guides, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
It is very good to you to take the trouble to post a review. Many thanks. I'm so glad you enjoyed your tour. Best wishes, Chris Skilton. 07940 999 364.

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Private tour of Cambridge with Tony Rodgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a great tour guide. We only booked an hour with Tony, but wished we had time to do a full day. Excellent guide and would definitely re-book on our next trip to this fabulous city.
For our small groups his style and content was perfectly pitched and we all thoroughly enjoyed the tour.

1 Thank Karen S
Many thanks for finding the time to write a review. I hope you come and see us again. We have more tours that might interest you, such as science, ghosts, war and peace, royal Cambridge and my personal favourite, a heritage pub tour. Best wishes, Chris Skilton. 07940 999 364
Welwyn, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Walking tour of Cambridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a wonderful two hours with Tony Rodgers - thank you so much. I have been to Cambridge before but a guide like Tony gives everythinh more depth and meaning

1 Thank grumpyoldwomanUk
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have now done two tours with Tony, I particularly enjoyed the "ghost tour" and he was a wealth of information and extremely entertaining. I would recommend him to anyone that asks.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ifitt
Barley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top tour with Tony”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I hosted a group of engineers from USA, Brasil and Germany for a week and thought an evenings educational tour around the city would be a good way to mix history, culture and humour and lighten a heavy week of work. All I can say is that they were so impressed they asked for guide Tony Rodgers' details and he can expect to receive personal requests for some one to one tours when they return with their spouses in the future.

Being guided by such a knowledgeable, humorous (some say!), and challenging expert left them with a memorable experience which continued the following morning with facts, figures and anecdotes, which included the hither to unknown one that if Tony bleeds, its light blue that runs through his veins!.

Thanks Tony . . . . an inspiring tour with yet another bunch of visitors now immersed in the city's culture and history.

1 Thank philjgray