“Superb experience ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Superb experience ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant provides exceptional food.
The service, presentation and quality of food is excellent, all at a very reasonable price.
They were very accommodating with my gluten free needs and went out of their way to provide options and modify the menu accordingly. Brilliant.
All staff were knowledgable and friendly and gave us a very warm and personable welcome.
The General Manager, David, is a credit to the restaurant.
Enjoyed it so much we immediately booked again to take my mother out for a birthday meal in a few days time.
Very highly recommended.
5 stars.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great food...”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Quality of food was high and staff were welcoming. The service was slow but well worth the wait. Deliously cooked food, presented beautifully. Reasonibly priced. I took some clients there and they were suitably impressed.

• Visited July 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Nothing to fault!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I took my girlfriend to The Brunswick during a surprise trip to Cambridge and I am extremely happy that I made the choice to come to this restaurant.

We were greeted very warmly by David who waited on us through the evening. His attentiveness and knowledge of the menu was exemplary and when we told him it was my girlfriends birthday the following day he even gave us a glass of champagne each!

The food cooked by head chef Paul and sous chef Maverick was simply delicious, the salmon main course was outstanding and the flavours were superb. Having told the restaurant my girlfriend was gluten intolerant when booking we expected to be offered a limited selection of the menu, instead, they were able to adjust the salmon main course we wanted and had even prepared a one off white chocolate parfait especially for her, which she assures me is the best dessert she has had. I had the lemon tart and honestly, I wish I could have it everyday.

We can't describe how much we enjoyed our visit better then to say we would be happy to drive the 4 hours again just for this.

Top place and thank you to all the staff.

• Visited July 2014
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I took my girlfriend for a 3 course midweek evening meal at The Brunswick using a Groupon voucher. After a run of disappointment at previous Groupon dining venues, we finally hit the jackpot here. This is an excellent restaurant by any standards. Ample free evening parking opposite - rare in Cambridge! We were warmly welcomed by David and his young, attentive, team and looked after intelligently and intuitively throughout the whole evening. They are highly polished, motivated, consummate professionals - so rare these days, even in long-established, so-called up-market restaurants. The decor is clean, simple, modern and subtle and the tables spaced well enough apart to allow privacy. The food, from a refreshingly simple but highly imaginative, innovative and frequently changed menu (see their website for updates), was delicious - lovely fresh ingredients superbly prepared and presented by Paul the highly trained and talented chef - with fantastic, punchy, vibrant flavours throughout. This restaurant even smokes its own ingredients, which shows rare commitment to quality. Great draft beer as well. Excellent value for money! A stunning experience. We will definitely return soon - voucher or no voucher!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Paul S
Herts
“Good food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We ate at the Brunswick with my 86 year old mother last weekend. The food was all delicious and very well cooked. Our waitress was polite and friendly. It was everything else that makes the score just average. You can only park close by for one hour; the seats are uncomfortable; there is a long wait for the food and the music is too loud. So despite the good food we won't be going again.

Visited June 2014