“Stupendous!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hobsons House

Hobsons House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Hobsons House
Porto, Porto, Portugal
“Stupendous!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I visited Cambridge with my partner, and we stayed there for 2 nights.
I felt like my Cambridge trip really only began upon arriving at the Hobsons House. The reason is the attention and the care to the guests that the owner reveals.
The room was confortable and big enough for me and my partner to be in. The window has a great view to the garden, and the garden is really a thing to be seen.
The bathroom was good enough, I can't say I felt uncomfortable in any way.
The continental breakfast was the best meal I had through the day.
Location wise, it is pretty good. You can visit the city center by foot, while enjoying the views of the beautiful gardens of Cambridge, and some education facilities along the way.

As someone in Cambridge for the first time, the owner guided me through some places to visit and some things to do. We saw and did most of them, and I regret I didn't stay longer.

The things I liked the most were the conversations with the owner. They were wonderful, and I learned a lot about many things. That kind of attention made me feel like a special guest, and that is priceless. There was even a personal touch we left there, in the end.
The downside was the negligible spider web we found on the wardrobe, and some dust yet to be cleaned. Nothing that made regret ever staying there.

Definitely it will be a place I will stay on if I ever visit Cambridge ever again. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JoaoFsantos16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rugby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I cannot share previous reviewer's opinion. Have just returned from a stay at 96 Barton Road. The room was grubby, as were the toilet and bathroom. Shower control ok as long as you didn't try to move it. One coathanger in wardrobe. Cobwebs in the room and dust on the light fitting. Cheap ill-matching furniture, scruffy dining room, dirty windows. Breakfast - cheap white toast + small amount of marmalade constituted a 'Continental breakfast'. All this for £90.00 (paid up front at owner's insistence)!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank John M

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Ancona, Italy
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,649 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Perfect. A comfortable night in a spotlessly-clean bedroom with tea-making equipment then an excellent breakfast at a table in an alcove admiring a beautiful, quintessentially English back lawn through a big window. Kindly, helpful owners who are genuinely interested in people staying with them and do their best to see they have no problems and enjoy Cambridge.

It's very small, so book early (tel 01223 304906).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo