Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge
Oakley Lodge(Cambridge)
Fenners Hotel(Cambridge)
  • Breakfast included
1,116 results
All reviewsunderground parkingtravel lodgecity centrebudget hotelretail parklimited parkingfamily roomreception staffcomfortable staycomfy bedbusy roadmin walkmodern hotelone night staygood nights sleeproom was spotlessshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This new hotel does "exactlly what it says on the tin". No unnecessary frills, just good value for money. It is about a mile and a half from the City Centre but there is a Bus Stop right outside. Not sure why a previous reviewer has complained about the breakfast as my wife and I thought it was fine. I would suggest two things that will make for a better stay - arrive early as, whilst there is car parking below the hotel, it is very limited. Secondly, try and get a room at the back of the hotel as the front faces on to the Newmarket Road which is a main route into Central Cambridge and very busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were a little reluctant to consider staying in a Travelodge after staying in a rather tired and dated one in Dublin. We were pleasantly surprised however when we got there, a brand new hotel on the edge of town, whats not to like? Free parking, very good breakfast and the staff were excellent. However, its more than a 15 minute walk to the town centre, as advertised, its more like 25minutes. The Grafton shopping centre is only a few minutes walk away though and shops, pubs and restaurants are also close by. Unfortunately the rooms were very warm, there's heating but no cooling but I guess that won't matter much with our changeable climate. If its 25 degrees plus, it's going to be warm and there's not much you can do.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darrell W
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel after getting a cheap deal for £39. The hotel is very new and is on a main road just outside of the main city centre. A large shopping centre is a few minutes walk and it's about 15 minutes from the centre of the city.

We arrived early and wondered if we could leave our car - not a problem! We simply got a small ticket to put in the window and headed off into town. We got back late afternoon and checked straight in; it wasn't fully booked so we got to choose what floor we wanted and what side we wanted our room.

It was hot overnight so we were loaned a fan. We also borrowed an iron but no ironing boards were available, not because they were booked out but because they didn't have any! I had to lay out a towel on the sideboard, not easy!

We had a few drinks from the bar and took them up to our room whilst we got ready. There is a large bar area but it was pretty empty, even though it was a summer Saturday. Food is available too but we headed off into town.

Breakfast was available in the morning but we chose to get up and go. You could choose a cooked breakfast, which is unusual to have available!

All in all, I know what to expect with a Travelodge and as long as a good price is booked, I'm always happy to stay in one!

Room Tip: A higher room is quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We managed to get a double room for £54 per night, astonishing in an overpriced city like Cambridge. This hotel has been open for maybe 2 months because there are still contractors wandering around doing bits of snagging.

I last stayed in a Travelodge in Battersea about 10 years ago and that was one of the worst experiences of my life, there was blood splattered all over the walls and the bed was made of plywood, I vowed to never stay in one again.

Walking into this hotel I was amazed at how well this hotel has been designed, from the open plan cafe / bar to the layout of the rooms, the bed was comfortable with facilities for tea and coffee, a decent sized bath. The car park was also half empty. The staff were friendly and there is free wifi in the bar area.

This would have got 5 stars if it hadn't been for the abysmal breakfast which really lets this place down - £7.95 is too much.

Avoid breakfast but stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My Family and I decided to stay 1no night at the new TRAVELODGE IN CAMBRIDGE ( New Market Rd. ) whilst the cleaning of our new house was taking place.

We arrived at the hotel around 8.30pm, checked into room 240, around 9:00pm we could hear that there were a large group of people stay in the rooms near to ours, they were palying loud music, talking loudly in the corridor and constantly coming in and out of their rooms.

We understand that groups of people can get quite excited, so no complain from us, the group left the hotel around 10:30pm, we could still hear them outside...when the group returned at 2:30am, they were talking loudly, using foul language, even whistling in the corridors...not to mention the coming in and out of the rooms...door slamming is part of their game...this continued until 4:00am, around 6:00am for a walk as I need to give my house key to the cleaners at home...when I stepped out of the my room ( 240 ) I was almost Knocked out my the smell of CANNABIS...yes, someone or people have been smoking CANNABIS is this hotel...that was the cherry on the cake, I went straight to the reception desk and asked for the manager, I spoke to 2no emploees, one who I thought was the duty manager and explained the whole nightmarish experience and they went up to the 2nd floor and confirmed the smell, however they could not do anything as they did not want to spoil the customers' enjoyment of their room...To sum up:

My wife, toddler son and me, try to be understanding and not complain about the noise and rudeness of other guests, however and confronted with the CANNABIS smell I demanded the hotel to take action....bar they have failed to do so...Families beware of this hotel...if you would like a quite night with your family member...please stay away.

I have sent and email to Travelodge regarding my horrible experience and have received no response yet...

I stayed at the above hotel on the Friday 23rd August 2013.

Travelodge, I look forward to your response.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family