“very stingy with salad”

Ranked #496 of 700 Restaurants in Cambridge
Bury St Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
“very stingy with salad”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I take my family very often to subways, first time in this one today, VERY VERY STINGY with the salad. Most places fill your bread roll to bursting, not here. My son only ever has sweetcorn olives and cucumber in his, this store did not have sweetcorn. Don't know if they were just out (there is a sains across the way) or if they just don't ever do it. Anyhow the guy laid 6 slices of olive and 6 slices of cucumber? My hubby asked for more, but he didn't put much more in. I had a veggie delight that was very very thin, Two pieces of pepper, about 4 thin strips of lettuce I asked for extra jalapeno and gerkin, but there was less than usual. Very Poor ! we will not be going back!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tania R

“first time ever in a subway, review by a subway novice”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My son has started asking for a kids pack in subway and because I think it is generally better for him than some other fast foods I tend to say yes, after coming out of the movies we went into the Subway for lunch, it was staffed by 2 members of staff and the first thing I noticed was that the big eating tables had not been cleared for a while and the rubbish bin was seriously over flowing not so good for a new experience so far, although my son knew exactly what to do their was nothing explaining the process and kinda thought I could only order the stuff on the menu. I ordered a plain white sub with chicken tikka and then past it to someone else who asked what salad I wanted, I want it like the picture I said pointing to the picture, yes but what salad do you want, so I picked some peppers, onions and lattice, what sauce do you want? what have you got I said and she started to call out the different sauces, But I don't know what half of them are and what they taste like, so I just had Chilli sauce which to be honest did not go so well with Chicken tikka but I was under pressure like answering a question on a game show. Do you want it toasted , not another question... Yes go on. I sat on the big table and we eat the meal, along came one of the serving staff and cleared the table, after finishing my sandwich I said the to young ladies, "that was my very first subway" How was it sir, she said, good, I said with a chilli and tikka sandwich going down my throat. Give it a go but do your homework on what you want and how you want it. Bit like a exam with all the pressure

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Zoo7Zoo
London, United Kingdom
“Sneak my sub in to cineworld, perfect late night movie food”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I love my cheese melts from subway there needs to be more seating space there that's the only bad point but in the summer if they put out a few chairs and tables I don't see why this place won't be packed every lunch time.

Also why I giving this place full rating cause when I ask for more sweet corn 5 times in a row, I get it!! I love the sweet corn, and some subways will say no after a while. I didn't have that problem here. :D

Recommend this place 100% for cheap consistently delicious and some what nutritious food.

Burwell, United Kingdom
“I Wish Was Two Foot Long!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

It doesn't matter where Subway is, where else can you choose your bread and fillings in that fantastic conveyor belt manner. The toppings, misses doesn't like jalapeño and olives that's ok don't ask for them. I have the lot put on a nice coffee and crisps (cookie if you want instead). I haven't been to a McDonalds since. Yet to try the breakfast, will soon.

• Visited October 2013