“Great pizza!”

Cuisines: American, Italian, British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great pizza and we were allowed our dog inside. The pizza was amazing! Really recommend this for a sunday dinner

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am/ was a great fan of the carpenters arms stone baked pizzas but Thursdays experiences disappointed me.
Around 2-3 months ago I had such an amazing pizza and my husband had an amazing pork belly served with red cabbage and mash. I expected the same experience Thursday which is why I bring my friend along to try one, but instead received a pizza that was as flat as a pancake and was majorly undercooked. Tasted like a shop bought one from Iceland. My friend was disappointed. I noticed there was a change in kitchen staff, the young pizza girl wasn't there and the amazing chef that had been there for ages was no longer there maybe that is why the food isn't so good. Was a big shame.

1  Thank tiffany4444
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Carpenter's Arms is a small pub slightly out of the city centre. The staff are friendly and food is good. They have recently installed a real pizza oven from which they produce huge thin crust pizzas which are some of the best I have had outside Italy. There is also a main menu which appears too large for a small place but is consistently good. You can take a number 8 bus to just outside the door and enjoy a lovely evening.

1  Thank CultureVultureCamb
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Perfect place for Monday lunch, warm welcome from the landlord, delicious tomato and Lime soup, with good bread and generous helping of butter, washed down with Calverley's Best Bitter, from Cambridge's newest brewery.

1  Thank Felicity53
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Carpenters Arms is close to the city center. Easy access to the main routes but still has the great local pub feel. A great selection of ales and beers. We had dinner Saturday night and Sunday lunch. The menu is great with enough to keep evryompne happy but not to large to make choose difficult. Have a vegan friend? A gluten intolerance? Just ask Mike, the owner, he can do most menu items to suite. As we had dinner with friends and one cannot eat gluten, it was no problem for them to make a fresh gluten free dough for the pizza. The pizza's where fantastic, cooked in a wood burning oven with great fresh ingredients our friends said they where the best pizza's outside of Italy. (And they where Italien). Sunday lunch was no let down. Great steak for me with a portion of pork belly added as I didn't want chips ;-). My wife had the mushroom risotto which was perfect and my mother in law went for the roast duck with all the trimmings. No chance of any of us going hungry. I can't recommend the foos enough. Our room was perfect great linen and lots of room. A great nights sleep. If your staying in Cambridge put The Carpenters at the top of your list.

1  Thank Will_UK_Paris_France