“cosy, charming and delicious!”
Review of Pint Shop

Pint Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Pint Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 732 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 December 2013

we came here one night shortly after its opening - with our 7 week old baby in tow! the wait staff couldn't have been more helpful, kind or charming. gave me a taste of porter to try - half a pint was very baby friendly, thanks very much! my other half had the lamb breakfast chop - tasted more like mutton to me, and all the more flavoursome for it. I had serious 'menu envy'. my rib eye steak, ordered rare, could have been slightly more charred on the outside - was may be a touch too rare for my liking. but then I'm used to sending back steaks for being overcooked. greens were perfectly cooked. smoked salmon starter was fine. baby started fussing so we went for a walk and had desserts at the Chop House nearby, though I would have stayed for the pint shop's rice pudding with quince by choice. delicious beers, will go back and take family and friends.

1  Thank trampercamper
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We juts wanted a noodly snack this lunchtime in Cambridge, but the cafe was closed, but luckily for us just next door was a resturant we have never noticed!
We walked in and say a pile of meaty rolls that looked very mouth watering plus there was a whole row of real ale pumps.
I was in heaven. They have a blackboard with a list of beers and all the details up there. I chose a really hoppy one from Adnams to help with a lamb and red cabbage roll. It was great!
I could over hear other people drinking and dining and I could tell they were all impressed.
I'm very happy to have found it, its my new best pub in the middle of Cambridge.
They told me they have only been open three weeks.
My wife had the lentil and bacon soup, delicious.
This was simple food and great ale.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday night, still relatively busy. Good service, excellent food and nice choice of gin! Agree that bars of soap are a no-no these days, but small issue. Will visit again.

1  Thank Rhian N
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We just came for a drink after the theatre on a Saturday night. I knew it was a real ale specialist, which was great for my husband, but as I don't drink beer I wasn't sure what there was for me, so I asked my husband to see what they could offer in the way of a gin and tonic. He came back with a beautifully made gin and tonic and a gin menu! The barman was very knowledgeable about the drinks. I tried a couple of new gins, my husband had a local ale. It was a good atmosphere, buzzy enough to feel like a proper night out but we could chat easily to our friends. I will certainly be going back, hopefully for food next time, but definitely for a chat with the bar staff about their great range of drinks.

2  Thank HDF
Reviewed 21 November 2013

It's new and it's buzzing!

Great atmosphere on a packed Saturday night - you could feel the excitement and the pleasure & enjoyment of the diners and drinkers.

We had the pork ends as a shared starter - like spare ribs but the smaller end bits - served with one of the tastiest lentil based dressings I've ever had - such a fresh zingy taste to complement the slow cooked pork.

For the main part we all (4 of us) shared a giant Porterhouse steak with Béarnaise sauce, watercress and the best, the very best, chips ever! The chips were very chunky, fluffy on the inside but not separated from the crunchy outside. Blanched then twice cooked in dripping - once to cook them and a second time to colour and crisp them. The Porterhouse (from Barkers of Great Shelford - so locally grown beef) was smooth in texture, good in flavour and with a lovely grilled taste kick. The gravy served separately had been made from stock - you could taste both the roasted bones and traces of flavoursome beef fat. Heaven!

We couldn't manage a pudding - but what was winging its way to other tables looked very appetising indeed.

Mustn't forget the extensive and carefully selected range of beers and wine too.

And finally, the service was excellent, informed and caring. Couldn't want for more.

Thoroughly recommended - we'll go again - soon I hope.

1  Thank GenuineFoodFan