“Please visit this venue”
Review of Pint Shop

Pint Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Pint Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 736 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stumbled upon this venue on a recent visit to Cambridge. Please spare time on your visit to check out the "pint shop" they told us that they had opened last November but this will become a tourist magnet. The guy's and girls are so friendly and welcoming. We had a couple of samples before choosing our ale, sixteen cask and keg to choose from, if i remember correctly. The food looked fantastic and we would have eaten had we not already done so. The Pint Shop has been very carefully designed giving it a quality vintage appearance, even the toilets are great. If there is a best toilet award in Cambridge this venue would win! Finally there is a outside terrace / beer garden that is a perfect suntrap away from the wind and a real asset. We will return.

1  Thank PhilnSal
Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've been here several times, as it has become one of my favourite restaurants in Cambridge. The food is largely modern twists on traditional dishes, and it was nice to see some seasonal dishes, such as a starter of peas, broad bans and mint on the menu. I also love the fact that they do wine by the carafe. The art on the walls is also very interesting, especially the picture in the ladies' loo upstairs! The staff are very friendly and were helpful to my friend who was using crutches to get around.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Fantastic range of beers, and gins. Knowledgeable, friendly staff (I too got my phone charged whilst I was there) The bar food (giant scotch eggs, good looking rolls), complement perfectly. For those that whinge about there being no Carling/Carlsberg/wifebeater etc available, tough. There's plenty of pubs nearby that do.

1  Thank rainowred
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Firstly, I want to thank the staff for going the extra mile at this restaurant. The 2 bar staff James and Tom let me and my friends charge our iPhones behind the bar whilst we ate! Our waiter Emil was also fantastic. He was so jolly and fun! The food was amazing, especially the scotch eggs they serve in the bar. Highly recommend this place!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very appealing menu, obviously designed by a chef that knows and loves his ingredients. However, if I had to grumble, ever so slightly on the heavy/meaty side and I would prefer to be able to choose a espresso instead of only having pots of coffee available.
Friendly service from the entire team. I cannot recommend highly enough.