“A great choice!”

Gog Magog Golf Course
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was never a member here but having played both courses on many occasions, I remember the Gog's as being quite a stuffy club some years ago, with a long waiting list and a threatening committee to interview one before ones' membership could even be considered. The dress code was also draconian (for men, strangely enough I witnessed some rather scruffily-dressed women teeing off on more than one occasion) and the reception for non-members tolerant at best. All that now appears to have changed and I find this to be one of my favourite clubs and courses to visit. If I were still to be living in the vicinity, my request for membership would be firmly on their mat! Both courses are different but excellent. The Old Course is somewhat tighter, with some memorable holes - in particular the magnificent 16th - whilst the Wandlebury is more open and with some lovely views to be had of surrounds and Cambridge. The welcome in the clubhouse is second to none and, in my experience, the previous old fashioned air of stuffiness and snobbery has completely disappeared. I still travel the two hours to Cambridge to play here a couple of times a year and the Gog's remains one of my favourite places to play.

3  Thank mrjelly

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I am a member of a golf society and we kick off our season by what we call the 'winter warm up'
We try and play here every year and we are never disappointed. Two great courses, lovely breakfast before we start and a welcome in the 19th as we finish. Fantastic place.