“Worst B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Alexander Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #40 of 124 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is the worst B&B I have ever stayed. When I booked this B&B, they even did not send me confirmation of deposit paid. I had to ask for it. The owners are very arrogant and rude. When I arrived at the B&B, they appeared with their dinner in hand! I do not think this is the appropriate way to greet guests. I spent several nights at this B&B in May, however, they did not make bed every morning and change towels. They complained that they do not like guests having food in their rooms and told me to use a food container to put my food in. Very arrogant. They do not trust their guests. I felt like I was not welcomed. I have never stayed any B&B like this. I also asked if they could put heater on, as it was very cold, but they refused as it was May. Don't waste your money on this B&B.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Elmer734

Reviewed 11 June 2013

This B&B is right near the train station (2-3 blocks) and easy walk to all areas of Cambridge. The owners are very nice and super helpful in exploring the city. There are tons of restaurants & convenience stores right around the corner, and pubs everywhere. The rooms were clean & tidy. Breakfast was great as well, and served on our own schedule. I'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: LA Fitness is just a short ways away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed at Alexander for a week and found it to be very good. The owners are charming, warm and very helpful, the rooms clean and the location ideal for exploring the city of Cambridge.
I look forward to staying with them again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I spent 2 weeks in this cozy B&B. The room was good size with basic amenities.Good location to nearby College/University and Rail Station. Overall its a great location and i would stay here again for my next visit. Breakfast served was great and Vera and Roderick being such a great host to me and my daughter. I highly recommend this B&B for a wonderfull experience.

Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank AnneGoh
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Great location - 5 minute walk from train station, Cambridge centre 10-15 walk. Ensuite shower great to have, beds comfortable, room neat and clean. You’re given a room key and can come and go as you please. Continental breakfast was very good, conversation with host was great. Would not hesitate to book there again. Main reason for travel was Duxford Flying Legends; there is a free shuttle from Cambridge Train Station to Duxford and back on airshow days. Recommend express train service from London to Cambridge via Kings Cross Station but can also use train from Liverpool Street Station.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lightjug
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I loved staying here. It is really central only a few minutes from the station and a short walk into town for clubs , cinema , restaurants etc. So great location. Easy bus access. House very comfortable , rooms warm and very clean. Great beds and showers. Simple continental breakfast with very friendly hosts and you can come and go as you please. Good and friendly other guests. Must book well in advance!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Jean_Philippe188049
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed at the Alexander in December 2011. The location is ideal, being two minutes walk from Mill Road, with all of it's cafes and restaurants. Cambridge town centre is only ten minutes walk away. The house itself is in St Barnabas Road, which leads directly onto Mill Road. The train station is only five minutes walk away. The local area is attractive, clean and safe. My room was very comfortable and quiet, with an excellent ensuite bathroom. Free, fast, reliable wi-fi is available and connecting to it was straightforward. Vera and Roderick are very friendly and welcome their guests into their family, making you instantly feel at home. The breakfast is continental, which is what i prefer anyway, and there was always more than enough to set me up for the day ahead. Vera and Roderick were always happy to suggest places to visit. I would definitely stay at the Alexander again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo