“Perfect for an overnight stay - very welcoming”

Parkview Guesthouse
Parkview Guesthouse
Ranked #26 of 121 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Perfect for an overnight stay - very welcoming”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed here as I needed to travel locally to a wedding - the guesthouse is about a 20 minute walk out of town, but a straightforward journey (and about £6 taxi ride). I walked into town at the end of my stay and it was a really nice walk!

It is set on a residential street, nice and quiet with a lovely view of a park opposite. I had a room at the back, which still had a lovely view, of gardens (Room 2)

It was single room, with a warm clean bed, hanging space, and en suite shower room and an openable window. I was roasty toasty and well satisfied with the space.

I had the breakfast option the next day, landlady very friendly and welcoming, food delicious, Full English breakfast, unlimited toast and tea - all for a fiver!

The welcome when I arrived was warm, i thought I was going to need to check in early and this wasn't a problem, they were very accommodating. Yes the decor isn't state of the art, but if you are wanting a warm welcome, comfort and a good priced stay - this is the place I would recommend.

Room Tip: Don't be frightened to ask for a particular room, as a single, I can vouch for room 2!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jakeysmum2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 22 February 2012

nice and friendly people nice and clean to thanks for pleasant stay

• Stayed November 2011
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Clean, located in the Southern part of the city, this guesthouse is fine for a short stay. My single room was small, but well-furnished, and my bathroom was likewise narrow but well-equipped. There is parking, and town on foot is 20 mins away. Booking was made on the phone, and swiftly so. This is not an amazing BnB but I would return, and recommend to visitors, alhough I would warn them that it is not located in the centre of Cambridge.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I have been staying in the hotel for one night in December 2011.
The staff is really friendly and helpful.
The rooms are very clean.
The area is safe and the rooms are quiet but it is around 20 minutes walk from the bus station and 15 minutes walk from the train station (or 5 minutes and 5-7 pounds by taxi).
Breakfast was not included despite for the same fare you could have it in other similar hotels in Cambridge.
The soap and shampoo were not provided but the bed linen and towels were.
It is possible leaving the luggage on the departure day.
The view from my room was the lovely park in front of the guesthouse.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Daegu, South Korea
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My gf and I stayed for one night at Parkview. The room had a private sink and the beds were comfortable and clean. The hostess was amazing. breakfast was one of the best I had while I was in England. Made to order and had a home cooked feel to it. The Hostess was extremely helpful and informative. Upon leaving we left a package by accident and the hostess' mother drove after our cab and gave it back to us 2 mins after we got out of the cab. Bonus points for friendliness.
Cons: it's a 15 min walk to the city center but that was fine by us. We never knew breakfast was not included or advertized that we had to pay. but we were happy to pay and it was worth it.
Conclusion: Would I stay there again? yes, without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valinith
argyll
Reviewed 12 June 2011

A pleasant place to stay at. The owner and staff very friendly, good breakfast.
The guest house is situated about 1.5 miles from station and is near to a frequent bus service to the centre of Cambridge . There is off road parking available but there also free on street parking.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 May 2011

This B&B is in a quiet residential area some distance from town centre. We drove so it wasn't too much of an issue (just that I had to find parking in town, which is fine) and there were a whole row of restaurants walking distance away.

The rooms weren't as nice as other B&Bs that I stayed at on this trip, but was clean and comfortable enough. The TV had certainly a lot more channels! We had to walk through the dining area to our room, which is kind of weird, but as the B&B is never very crowded (I think there are only 6 rooms) so it wasn't much of an issue. The room at the back looks out into the backyard which is kind of nice (you have to walk through the kitchen to this room though).

The breakfast was very good and plenty of selection of cereal. The owner is also very friendly and informative, and was very accomodative when I told her we were arriving very late at night. Would definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family