“nice atmosphere, very friendly staff and best chai latte!”
Review of The Urban Shed

The Urban Shed
Ranked #52 of 701 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Munich, Germany
“nice atmosphere, very friendly staff and best chai latte!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A small café with an amazing atmosphere and decoration (you can even choose to sit on airplane seats!). Great for afternoon tea and to work!

2 Thank Kathrin N

“Best lunch I have had in a while”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great place...pretty small. But we found this by just walking around Cambridge. I would highly recommend it. The staff were so friendly and the food was great! I wanted another sandwich but was just being greedy! Try it...you wont be disappointed . So many cool bits and bobs!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Lewis C
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went there last Sunday for lunch and the whole experience was great. Lovely staff and good selection of sandwiches. My BBQ aubergine and cheese ciabatta was the best sandwich I've had in Cambridge so far (after 6 years!). My partner's baguette with thick slices of glazed ham and cheese also made him lick his fingers in delight. This accompanied by the quirky decor and music from Simon and Garfunkel (literally aaaages since I last heard that record) just made the whole lunch so unique. There was an awkward moment when a guy and his wife stared for a while over my head and only then did I realise that they were looking at the spot light behind me. That's right, as if the plane seats, hung bicycles and formica chairs weren't scoring high enough on the quirky scale, the whole place is also a shop, love it!
We finished with a coffee and found it very good too, smooth and aromatic and not acidic at all like some coffees can be.
We did get served a brown baguette after asking for white. Was it still delicious? Totally.Will this stop us from going back? Not a chance, after all we still need to try the outside garden.

2 Thank itterbio
Ceret, France
“A warm welcome plus stunning bacon ciabatta sarnie”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great coffee shop - the ciabatta bacon sandwich is to die for and the staff are so welcoming. The LP collection is something else too and once we'd remembered how to use such old school technology ( " a music centre"), we were away. A warm, friendly welcome for everyone: sweaty runners, wheelchairs, toddlers, dogs... And the coffee is pretty good too.

3 Thank Winemarathon
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A pleasure to eat (and hang out) there”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I am a regular visitor to this wonderfully original, friendly and good value retro-style cafe - which serves the most delicious sandwiches (Swiss cheese and cashew nut butter and roasted aubergine ciabatta with side salad, is one of my favourites), which I eat either sitting in the charming courtyard garden (sitting in a strangely comfortable converted shopping trolley chair) or inside where I enjoy putting on my selections from a vast array of 60s and 70s LPs.

3 Thank Philip_800