“Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Railway Lodge Guest House
Ranked #32 of 122 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, SP
“Perfect”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Perfect choice! Very close to the railway station, you can walk to the city centre very easily.
Mr Anthony King, the owner, was a perfect host. Very kind to us!
The room was spacious and very clean.
Breakfast was lovely as well. We had a lot of options to choose! We were a couple, there were families with children which seemed to be very confortable there also!
We had been to other guesthouses in England more expensive that didn't get close to this one!
I would definitely recommend anyone to stay there.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcelazabani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Nice roomy space with bathroom. Owners let me have a double room for the first night at single rate even though my partner was not joining until the second night. Breakfast was nice although no fresh tomatoes . Helpful owners.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I was recommended this Guest House by my Sister. The owner was very nice, helpful and chatty. Very easy to find from Cambridge Train Station.
My room was very clean, bed comfy, quality bed linen which smelled lush (I meant to ask the owner which fabric softener they used...)
At first, I wondered where the shower and toilet was and then I realised they were tucked in a wardrobe-like-cupboard in my room. There is a sink which was near to my bed. Towels provided, Hot water throughout the day.
A flat screen TV which kept me entertained and tea and coffee facilities + a few biscuits!
The breakfast was really tasty! The first morning I had a cheese omelette with beans and the second, I had the full English breakfast. Coffee was lovely and there are also cereals and fresh juices.
The house is not very modernised but that didn't matter to me at all as I'm not that picky! Just felt like I was staying in my warm cosy GrandParents house which isn't a bad thing!
I will be going to Cambridge quite a lot over the next few years and will definitely be going back to The Railway Lodge.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lauren H
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The railway lodge is literally like 5minutes from the station and about 20minutes from the college, very convenient! Tony is really helpful and friendly - I booked online and check in/check out was very flexible, and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Sure it's not the newest building, but it's really cosy and they pay attention to the little details. Definitely a great find in Cambridge!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great location, very near the train station, just as the website has described. We emailed some queries over after booking online and Tony responded promptly each time. We have a sense that he is a fair-minded proprietor because he under-charged us when there was an electronic glitch. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Monica, who gave us very specific directions with bus and walking options, and lent us her map when she heard that we didn't get one from the train station.

Breakfast was superb, with a variety of choices. The cheese omelette is fabulous and the poached egg beautifully done. The hosts took pride in seeing to many details and were very hospitable, although we disturbed them with a late-night phone call. The wifi works very well in the bedroom and dining area. Being on the road for a month and having experienced different B&Bs, we really appreciate the convenience, the warmth and genuine hospitality at Railway Lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The guest house was conveniently located about a 5 minute walk from the train station and a 10-15 minute walk to the town centre. My wife and I had a warm reception from Tony. The room was cozy, bed was comfortable, bathroom clean and breakfast was superb!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidNgCE
London
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A very nice, clean guesthouse in a really convenient location.
The staff were most accommodating, and a big thank you to the lovely lady who firstly saved our car from the traffic wardens, and secondly fed me a banana the morning after I'd drunk too much at the wedding we'd come up for.
I'd be sure to stay here again next time we come back to Cambridge

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple