“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #38 of 122 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Belgrade, Serbia
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Tudor Cottage boasts one of the most pleasurable accommodations in Cambridge. Located just enough from the center to allow for a pleasant walk, it is very comfortable, with hosts that are most kind, efficient and welcoming. Our room was spacey and warm, with beautiful furnishings and a wonderful bathroom. The breakfast on offer is incredibly varied, as Lucia (the owner) is always ready to take your order and prepare everything fresh.
I would also like to emphasize how helpful the hosts are: not only did they supply electricity adapters that I lacked, but they have also promptly sent me an item that I had forgotten when I left with no charge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Milan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
burnham -on -crouch
Reviewed 30 March 2014

When me and my partner arrived we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the house as we have stayed in quite a lot of b&b over the years and it looked really nice from the outside.
we rang the door bell and we were greeted by a very warm welcome and was asked in while she was sorting out another guest.
Once the lady of the house had finished we where shown to our room which was at the front of the house and very large,really large bed,very clean, pleasantly decorated and very warm.
We were only staying the one night and as a lorry driver I was expecting a good night sleep, which, I can only say was the best nights sleep that i have ever had at any b&b nice and quite even though on the main road.
we got up for breakfast and when we went into the dinning room we were amassed at all the lovely old time memories that came flooding back as there were lots of things that remind you of the years that have gone by, it was really nice as we had time after breakfast to talk to our host and look further around this lovely place. it will take me forever to praise this place up so I will sum up in just a few more words.
excellent value for money excellent host and I will never have any problems coming back here if the need should ever arise in the future.
Please take no notice of the bad review as these DO NOT really show how good this really is.
keep up the good work all the best Terry and Carol Martin

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tel2013
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was a lovely place in which to stay in Cambridge. The breakfast was superb and varied. The bed was comfortable. The room was as clean as one would expect. Most importantly, the hostess and host made great efforts to ensure that our stay was a pleasant one. They were wonderfully helpful.

It would have been nicer to have more, smaller tables at breakfast rather than a single large one, but this may have been a necessity of the space available.

It was fully booked for a reason and I would have no hesitation in going back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fineanddandy1983
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Spotlessly clean, well decorated, lovely house. Room described as double (en suite) but while lovely for one, it would have been difficult sharing as it was small. Breakfast was ok, but while the menu appears varied for a small establishment, in practice it seemed difficult to provide other than the standard full English. I came with slight trepidation having read the very mixed reviews, and have to say that while I didn't experience direct rudeness some reviews expressed, I did feel the host was preoccupied with other/family issues and that guests were definitely made aware of this, which I feel is unprofessional. If a friendly chatty host is essential for you, don't come here. But for a clean and well looked after establishment, reasonable breakfast, and good value for ££ for Cambridge, it is fine, and I would be happy to book again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
southminster
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A very warm informative welcome. An immaculate, well thought out room. A variety of breakfasts, nothing seemed to be a problem, highly recommend.very central for Cambridge with a bus service running from almost outside the house.

Room Tip: Room with en-suite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The rooms were really tidy. She made you feel really uncomfortable and down right stupid. She's very condescending. 50£ was quite expensive but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. If I could do it again.. No I recommend to not stay here.

• Stayed December 2013
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Confused by the reviews? Don't be! This B&B is literally spotless, the food is absolutely delicious and beautifully presented, the bed & bedding is super-clean and super-comfortable, with gorgeous biscuits and tea and coffee in the room, fresh milk on request. But if you are easily upset by Italian temperament then this may not be your place. If on the other hand you have the largesse to appreciate an occasionally fiery but also very warm and caring communicator, then don't stay anywhere else. I loved it for the sociable and delicious breakfast, spotless cleanliness, excellent shower and bathing facilities, and comfort. I felt as if I had had a mini-break just staying overnight. What a treat. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo