“Not a nice b&b”

Tudor Cottage Guest House
Ranked #31 of 126 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night in July after having attended a conference. The hostess did not in any way make me feel welcome or like a guest. I felt like I was in her way and annoying her. The room was also very small and had a weird smell. This was my first experience at a b&b which I chose because I thought the idea was that it should be something different from a hotel. It definitely wasn't. I would recommend looking elsewhere for a place to sleep.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Janus H

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Tudor Cottage boasts one of the most pleasurable accommodations in Cambridge. Located just enough from the center to allow for a pleasant walk, it is very comfortable, with hosts that are most kind, efficient and welcoming. Our room was spacey and warm, with beautiful furnishings and a wonderful bathroom. The breakfast on offer is incredibly varied, as Lucia (the owner) is always ready to take your order and prepare everything fresh.
I would also like to emphasize how helpful the hosts are: not only did they supply electricity adapters that I lacked, but they have also promptly sent me an item that I had forgotten when I left with no charge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Milan M
Reviewed 30 March 2014

When me and my partner arrived we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the house as we have stayed in quite a lot of b&b over the years and it looked really nice from the outside.
we rang the door bell and we were greeted by a very warm welcome and was asked in while she was sorting out another guest.
Once the lady of the house had finished we where shown to our room which was at the front of the house and very large,really large bed,very clean, pleasantly decorated and very warm.
We were only staying the one night and as a lorry driver I was expecting a good night sleep, which, I can only say was the best nights sleep that i have ever had at any b&b nice and quite even though on the main road.
we got up for breakfast and when we went into the dinning room we were amassed at all the lovely old time memories that came flooding back as there were lots of things that remind you of the years that have gone by, it was really nice as we had time after breakfast to talk to our host and look further around this lovely place. it will take me forever to praise this place up so I will sum up in just a few more words.
excellent value for money excellent host and I will never have any problems coming back here if the need should ever arise in the future.
Please take no notice of the bad review as these DO NOT really show how good this really is.
keep up the good work all the best Terry and Carol Martin

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tel2013
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was a lovely place in which to stay in Cambridge. The breakfast was superb and varied. The bed was comfortable. The room was as clean as one would expect. Most importantly, the hostess and host made great efforts to ensure that our stay was a pleasant one. They were wonderfully helpful.

It would have been nicer to have more, smaller tables at breakfast rather than a single large one, but this may have been a necessity of the space available.

It was fully booked for a reason and I would have no hesitation in going back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fineanddandy1983
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Spotlessly clean, well decorated, lovely house. Room described as double (en suite) but while lovely for one, it would have been difficult sharing as it was small. Breakfast was ok, but while the menu appears varied for a small establishment, in practice it seemed difficult to provide other than the standard full English. I came with slight trepidation having read the very mixed reviews, and have to say that while I didn't experience direct rudeness some reviews expressed, I did feel the host was preoccupied with other/family issues and that guests were definitely made aware of this, which I feel is unprofessional. If a friendly chatty host is essential for you, don't come here. But for a clean and well looked after establishment, reasonable breakfast, and good value for ££ for Cambridge, it is fine, and I would be happy to book again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A very warm informative welcome. An immaculate, well thought out room. A variety of breakfasts, nothing seemed to be a problem, highly recommend.very central for Cambridge with a bus service running from almost outside the house.

Room Tip: Room with en-suite