Hotel du Vin Cambridge
US$177
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$121
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$117
Hotel Felix(Cambridge)
US$168
US$160
Travelocity
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$204
US$153
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Cambridge (A14, J32) Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$102
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscellar barcinema suitewolf blassvalet parkingroll top bathmonsoon showernespresso machinefitzwilliam museumsuperior roomunderfloor heatingmini barbirthday treatkings collegea lovely staywalk in showerreception staffstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2010

lukewarm reception. faulty machine rejected our card when booking in,no apology given. superior room was too hot.on opening window a noisy generator droned all night. following night air con was noisy. food in bistro was good. two mistakes on bill. overall, overpriced for adequate accomodation. you pay for the position.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

If I was to review the hotel alone then this review would be more glowing. We had a really lovely stay. The hotel staff were wonderful, they were welcoming and helpful. We were upgraded due to it being our anniversary which was a really lovely touch. I love the Hotel du Vin brand and have stayed in several. One of the things I loved was the choice of half bottles of wine in the mini bar - this seems to have changed now. There was a bottle of chardonnay, a bottle of red (can't remember) and two half bottles of champers. I was a bit disappointed, but it was a little thing. The only disappointing element of our stay was dinner in the bistro. The food was okay but the service was dreadful. We were brought menus twice while having a drink in the bar and encouraged to take our table in the restaurant earlier than we had booked. When we went upstairs we were completely ignored. The only person who seemed to notice us was the somellier who on several occassions went and found us a member of staff to take our order, clear our plates, bring us the bill etc. The sommelier scoffed at our first two choices of wine and convinced us to order quite an expensive bottle. We might have enjoyed it if the rest of the evening hadn't been so dismal, but in the end just felt ripped off.
I would definitely stay at Hotel du Vin in Cambridge again - great location, great staff, lovely hotel, but I would avoid the restaurant at all costs. Loch Fyne and The Chophouse just up the street are so much better.

Reviewed 25 September 2010

We stayed on a special package combining a Sunday night and dinner which was very good value. The staff were unfailing excellent. There is no parking but they organise all that for you for £16. More informtion on the web site about parking would help in a famously anti-car city, against which I have no objection.

The room was excellent and bed very comfortable.

Dinner was excellent and the service first class- attentive without being fussy or in your face.

I only have one complaint. Because of the strange plumbing all the water draining from rooms above came down pipes via our bathroom with a loud and alarming rush, often waking us. I would defnitely stay again but not in that room.

Reviewed 11 September 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights and I felt it was not worth the price we paid at £165 a night for the room only, breakfast was extra.

The Bistro was great. Excellent decor, staff, food, wine, a really good experience.

The bar was very nice too, although service was terribly slow. We waited 25 minutes to be served (yet the place was deserted.)

Other public areas in the Hotel were also excellently decorated, such as hallways, reception and the Library.

As you wander through the Hotel you develop a rather high expectation of the room, so I was pretty disappointed when we got to our room. It looked out of place and tired. The furniture was nice but there was a very large noticeable patch of damp on the wall that had simply been painted over and looked terrible. The door had big cracks in it that had been painted over too many times causing very large bubbling patches. The ceiling had been repaired but not very well and there was a big gap in the repair.

The lighting was very poor in the room and you couldn't open the curtains because the room was overlooked.

The generator for the air-conditioning was loud.

And the £16 charge a day for the valet parking was a surprise given the price we were already paying.

Having said all that, the bathroom was lovely and evidently recently decorated. I don't really understand why there was two different standards of quality in the same room, and also between the room and the rest of the hotel and that is why I have mixed feelings.

I will definitely come back to Cambridge but I won’t stay here again, not at that price and unless something is done about the cost of the room or the quality of maintenance of the room, I would be very hesitant about recommending this to someone else.

I would definitely recommend the Bistro though!

Reviewed 6 September 2010

Didn't feel welcome on reception, we weren't shown where the bistro was for the evening meal, the bar was like a football supporter meeting, couldn't hear ourselves speak so we left for the restaurant, a 4 star hotel should have quality toliet paper, the final invoice was wrong and we had to query!!
The food was to die for, excellent service from the restaurant staff, the towels were super size and quality and the shower was 5 star!!, we can't understand these anomolies. We are seasoned hotel travellers and would not unfortunately recommend.