“A refreshing new concept for Cambridge!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Smokeworks Ltd
Ranked #20 of 677 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A refreshing new concept for Cambridge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

So good I've already been back....twice!

Everything about about the place is really fun, the industrial style décor, the 'push the button' to order system, wine coming out in jugs, even the toilets are cool!! The place just has a great vibe to it!

The Pork Scrumpets are deelish, the ribs are incredible as are the pulled beef buns! Accompanied by the Chipotle sauce!
Love that they have specialised in Bourbon Whiskies....yet to make a dent in the list.
But by far my favourite are the Milkshakes!! They are ridiculously good, Salted Caramel is a must!

I would definitely recommend a visit :)

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Charbe11e5

“Atmospheric and contemporary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

A group of ten of us went to the Smokeworks this evening and overall had a really good time.

On getting to the restaurant, the waiter told us that they wouldn't have a table ready for our group size for 45 minutes and offered to text us when the table became free. I feel this is probably why restaurants have booking systems, but it wasn't too bad since we just ventured to one of the local pubs while waiting.

Upon return we were led down into the basement complete with metal ceiling that stimulated much discussion around a solid wooden bar table in the centre of the room. It was pretty cool and had a really nice atmosphere around us.

Highlight of the meal for me was definitely the rather expensive, yet delicious bourbon milkshake which we established was definitely worth paying extra for the bourbon. The ribs in my view were pretty good, they had a distinct smoky flavour throughout, they were succulent and had pleasant bbq sauce without being too salty or sweet. They're not the best ribs I've ever had and I feel that perhaps £12 is a tad expensive when it doesn't come with fries or sides, but they do have a good amount of meat on them. To really be special I'd have liked the outside to be crisp and more caramelised. The chips were good, significantly better than pub chips, not gourmet standard and the sweet potato chips were excellent.

In future I'd love to see more choice and some improved sauces, the hot sauce was a rubbish and had very little flavour beyond the heat. Some good American restaurants do excellent chilli jams you can have with the meals and they add a great kick to the meal.

Definitely worth a visit!

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Calling all foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

No need to get on a plane and go to Texas for great BBQ, Cambridge has you sorted. The menu is perfect. Meat, pickles, fries, slaw and beer. Say no more, BBQ at its best.

“Fast food cooked with style! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be one of the first through the doors to sample the delicious new menu of Cambcuisine's latest restaurant addition SmokeWorks. Its interior is as stylish as its food is tasty, with a modern, urban industrial look tinged with clever, quirky ideas such as big red buttons to call service & bicycle seats at the bar. The drinks arrived within moments of my order being placed & the food swiftly followed. The menu was way too tempting & the prices so reasonable that of course I ordered way too much! I'd highly recommend the lamb riblets & the pulled beef bun (or pretty much everything else on the menu actually!) washed down with a bottle of Bitter & Twisted. The meat in both was succulent & moist with a subtle but distinctive smokey taste & the herb seasoned fries are just addictive! I followed with an apple crumble milkshake, as even though I was fit to bursting, I was so intrigued by the name that I just had to try it. It didn't disappoint. I would 100% recommend this restaurant if you fancy good quality food served swiftly in a lively, friendly & stylish environment (who wouldn't?!) Perfect for a pre or post theatre/cinema night out, or just for the novelty of good quality fast food served with style. I'll definitely be going again. (And they do takeaway too!).

St Albans, United Kingdom
“Great food - and so quick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I ate at Smokeworks last week and had the pulled pork.

The menu is short but enough choice - as long as you like slow cooked BBQ food (who doesn't) I saw the ribs which I shall be returning for which looked great. We were in and eating within 8 mins of walking past and its high quality food served by friendly staff

Really there is nothing not to like about this place

• Visited July 2014