Restaurant 22
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely little restaurant. Excellent food and service. It feels really homely in there.

This is definitely somewhere for a special occasion. I went there with my wife, will definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have been to 22 several times now. It's always wonderful experience, in a relaxing atmosphere and a tasteful exploration. You come away feeling well feed but not uncomfortable. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Suffolk_pig
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband have been to restaraunt 22 at least once a year for a long time. It is easily my favourite restaurant in Cambridge.

As usual this evening the food was imaginative and excellent. I couldn't rate it more highly. I particularly enjoyed the deer.

However for the first time ever the service was disappointing. The courses came out very slowly and we were left sitting in front of dirty plates for a long time. We arrived at 7.45 and our main course was not served until 10pm. We only just made it home for the babysitter at midnight.

The waiting staff were also not as professional as usual. Other customers were also complaining about slow service and staff were discussing this rather indiscreetly in our ear shot. Staff also stemmed to be under a lot of pressure.

I really hope it was just a bad night. We have been coming to restaraunt 22 for 14 years and this was the first time we've had any concerns. I hope this feedback will be taken constructively and it will be amazing again next time.

1  Thank Nicolainsley
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very dear friends invited us to dine at Restaurant 22 last Saturday - their favourite restaurant in Cambridge. Our evening did not disappoint. We had the most lovely meal in delightful surroundings. The service was personal, very friendly and discrete. The food was delicious and their generosity of sharing recipes is much appreciated - I will be baking the Guinness Bread very soon! Thank you Armando!
We will be back to eat at Restaurant 22 - we agree it is the best restaurant we have eaten in in Cambridge! Julia and Frank

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had not been for 10 years despite living close by, but this was a very good meal, well presented which made us think we must go again quite soon. Interesting food and a good wine list at reasonable prices. The owners take a real interest and pride in the place.