“Fantastic selection”

Ranked #49 of 705 Restaurants in Cambridge
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 3 July 2014

As a vegetarian it get get quite tedious going to restaurants only to find the same two dishes that every other restaurant has, so trying the rainbow cafe was a lovely experience. I have been with my partner a couple of times now, and although he is a meat-eater, he still enjoyed the food.
It's a small cafe, and quite dark as it's in the basement so I'd not recommend for large parties, but for a lunchtime treat with my partner or a friend it's perfectly adequate. The food is delicious for a reasonable price, and they serve fairly large portions.
The last time we went was when I was pregnant, and I found that it's not the best place for a comfortable visit in that condition. The seats were not supporting, and the bathroom is located upstairs from the restaurant which wasn't convenient, though at any other point it hasn't been an issue.

There are newer reviews for Rainbow Cafe

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Absolutely wonderful. Full of flavour, well presented, reasonably priced and great service. THe best restaurant in Cambridge.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had dinner here with my partner, and at first we was a little sceptical with the organic decor of the establishment. However we was more than pleased once we received our food, the starter was a cream of spinach soup, simply the best I have ever had!!

The food was fresh and tasted well seasoned, very surprised with everything we had. Its one of those places that easy to miss as its not sign posted that well, and its down an alley way in a cellar. We would definitely visit again if we was in the area and I would recommend to all veggies & vegans out there to visit.

1  Thank Mr_Miyagi_Son
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A very cosy basement vegetarian restaurant off the beaten track. Visited on a Saturday afternoon, it was busy but didn't have to wait long for a table for two. Service was prompt and friendly. An interesting varied menu. Food was delicious with large portions and appealing presentation. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a well-established vegetarian restaurant, just opposite Kings College. My partner and I have been going there for years and if you like vegetarian food - or just food - this is one of those places that your life would not be complete without visiting. And once you've been, you will return. It's in a basement (apart from the toilets which are at ground level) so this could be an issue if you are not reasonably able bodied. But the food is original and probably unlike what you might have tried before, but it's brilliant.

1  Thank Vegger