“Good food, good service, good value and vegetarian as well”
Review of Rainbow Cafe

Rainbow Cafe
Ranked #39 of 692 Restaurants in Cambridge
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, good value and vegetarian as well”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped her for lunch having chanced upon it whilst exploring Cambrige.

A good cafe with an extensive menu all of which was vegetarian. The menu also gave vegan and celiac dishes.

The tables are close in this cafe in a cellar. Service was quick and efficient. We had a small goats cheese salad and small feta salad,both delicious. We followed with a slice of miracle cake, made with almonds, chestnuts and dates, a very different type of cake and very tasty.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank David A

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, good value”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

First of all: I am not sure why, on my tripadvisor app, it came up as a £££ restaurant. It's a tiny place in an amazing, very central location, that serves very tasty food at reasonable prices. The soups are very good, and both the tagine and the spanish lasagne (filled with goat cheese and manchego and some other goat cheese) were great.

Olney, United Kingdom
“Awesome for veggies and meateaters alike”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is one of the best foodie experiences ever. Having lived in London and Sydney my expectations for delicious food are very high and I felt I'd died and gone to heaven. I stumbled, quite literally, on this basement cafe having not had breakfast. Its down a small side alley but I just felt it was worth a look. The food was sublime and i liked the fact that when we ordered the filo with red pepper, artichoke, sundried tomato and vegan cheese that we would have to wait a bit for it to be cooked. Lovely and fresh so had a freedom organic beer while waiting.
I feel its a shame that meat eaters shun veggie restaurants, please do go and give it a go. I love my 2 meat and veg but this food is truly sublime and cooked by someone who has passion and love for great food.

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Hot n Wholesome!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I sought out the Rainbow Cafe today, after reading about it on here.

A tiny place, that crams in tables and people in every nook and cranny. Service was prompt & food arrived swiftly & was very hot! I was not disappointed with the Chick pea dall soup with warm gluten free roll, & a pot of tea enough to get 2 small cups from. My relative also had soup with warm gluten free roll and a cafetiere. Total cost of our meal was £13.90 not bad considering this is Cambridge, and it did fill a gap.

This place is family friendly, and has a constant stream of diners, so do either book or get there early.Otherwise it's standing room only on the stairs!

The facilities include 3 toilets in the ladies and a baby changing table, again crammed in a small space, but at least it catered for everyone's needs.

This cafe is 25yrs old I hope it continues it's fine fare for many more years.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good vegetation and vegan food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a small but good café. Serving vegetarian food, well cooked, interesting and plenty of it. Well worth a visit. I popped in for lunch and was not disappointed. It was very busy so the food took a while to arrive but that just gave me a chance to try the wide range of teas. If I had any whinges it would be that the plate was cold but the food was delicious. There are gluten free and vegan choices. It makes a refreshing change to find somewhere where there is more on offer for vegetarians than the usual mushroom risotto.