“I'm always happy when I visit...”
Review of Kingston Arms

Kingston Arms
Ranked #268 of 722 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I walk past a good 6 or 7 pubs to get to the Kingston arms, although it is small it is mighty fierce. First, let me say as an American, they serve the BEST burger I have had in this country. AMAZING. The beer selection is good, but not as good as the Blue, one street over. Their wine though, is much better. They have a small welcoming fire place which keeps the pub warm, and a MUST for me, they allow dogs. I've eaten at the Kingston Arms several times and I've tried several things on the menu. I'm a foodie and I can't stand food that isn't fresh. I have yet to be disappointed.

I highly recommend you stop in for a beer and a burger!

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

The food was all brilliant, but the waitress was so grumpy! Just dumped the starters on the table and walked off! Had to ask for cutlery! It's a shame the service had to let down the good pub grub! Top marks for the chef!

1  Thank Tastytree
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It's become an ongoing joke amongst my friends how awful the staff are. It's become almost funny now because we get to compare stories about how rude the staff are whenever we come in. It's my local pub. I'm frequently in there and yet EVERY time the service is atrocious. I don't know one person in Cambridge that's been there that doesn't have a story about the rude staff. There is even a note on the front page of their website that the staff don't boot people off tables ages before they need to be reserved. If there wasn't an element of truth in that then why is there enough people talking about it to warrant the front page mention? There's another review on this page that says the barman was reading a book and didn't acknowledge them. This same thing has happened to me at least three times. If you're thick skinned by all means go and enjoy the overheated pub with a cold atmosphere and staff who seem more unhappy than a baby seal being clubbed. Or if you want to be treated to a barman swearing lots because he has to get you a drink then head on down to marvel at misery. Honestly it's a fun, fun place that welcomes you with a cold shoulder and a big sigh. Foods good though.

3  Thank Smoggg
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I booked by telephone a table for 4 adults plus a child, specifically requesting a high chair. When we went to the pub, the waiter showed me a table with 4 normal chairs. When asked about the requested highchair, he said they don't have highchairs in the pub (meaning they never had any highchair, not just at that particular time). I told him this was not mentioned by the girl at the telephone and my booking was accepted, and he repeated that they don't have highchairs.
I can't say anything about the food because I left the place right away, but they clearly have a problem in customer service.

1  Thank cravino
Reviewed 14 September 2013

A real little gem of a pub. All the best things about an English pub. Great atmosphere inside and an outdoor area out back.