“Rude, pushy, dodgy”

Ranked #507 of 683 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$45 - US$45
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Rude, pushy, dodgy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Rushing us to order food but otherwise unhelpful and rude. Gave us our bill the minute we finished without us asking for it (they did not look in a hurry to shut and there were many other diners who started after us). When i asked what was the house wine, I was told "Italian medium to dry" like I was asking a stupid question. I was duly rewarded for proceeding regardless: my glass of unspecified red wine - the only one you can order by the glass - was fizzy and tasted of soda water. Food was mediocre - which i am actually thankful for, since I was beginning to wonder about the provenance of the meats...

cambridge
“We thought we would give them another try”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We gave it another try, as the food is lovely ... We had a table for 12 booked for 8pm, they sat us on a table for 10, and tried to squeeze two more into a 2 ft gap, then moved us to a table for 12 that had 10 people on it. This all took half hour for us to be seated. The staff were incredibly rude, would ask us questions then totally ignore our replies. We were served food at 9.25, so waited 1 1/2 hours. They gave one of us
a prawn curry by mistake, luckily she didn't have an allergy, as she had started eating it, it was then taken and given to someone else to eat??
Appalling service all evening, a row at the end over service charge, they have now lost 12 customers. Such a shame they are only thinking about now and not their future, look after your customers!!

London, United Kingdom
“Wow.... Tender chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I recently travelled from London to Cambridge and stumbled across this fantastic restaurant. From the moment I walked in, I was greeted by friendly staff and a good atmosphere. I'm a great lover of nice food and this place didn't disappoint, we had 3 main dishes between us 2 chicken and one lamb and the meat was out of this world! The chicken was the most tender I've ever had in a restaurant, simply divine. If I had to say anything negative it would be that it's a bit dated looking inside but I liked to see that as traditional and the food is so good the decor meant nothing!! A quality establishment. I can't wait to visit again.

Lugano, Switzerland
“Popular indian place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Extensive menu offering, also a nice wine list. The place is very popular, seating can be somewhat crunched. Service gets to be frenetic al the place fills up, but quality of the food does not seem to suffer from this.
Good value for money, good atmosphere.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic meal on a Saturday night. It was one of the best Indian meals we've had. Don't be put off by the other reviews on here. The place was packed - people were being turned away, both floors had every table used.

1 Thank chev40