“Lovely restaurant ”

Ranked #448 of 683 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$30 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Cambridge Jesus Lane offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Yes it's standard Pizza Express fare. But the dining area is very atmospheric, stylishly nudging towards something bigger and better than a pizza joint.

Mix in friendly staff and a good location in the centre of Cambridge, this is a great choice for a bite to eat.

Edinburgh
“Filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We didn't get as far as eating. My son wanted to use the loo, but the gents was out of order and the disabled was disgusting. We told the manager that we wouldn't be eating there - if the front of house is that filthy, what will the kitchen be like? I offered to pay for the drinks we ordered, but, to be fair, they didn't take any money. Even so, we won't be back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bearsiebob
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gluten free pizza base in mainstream pizzeria!! Well Done !! Pizza Express !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Gluten free pizza base with pizza topping of choice from main menu. They were even happy to replace mozzarella, usual on all their pizzas, with Goats Cheese, as a non-dairy option, 'specially for me. And with a smile. I asked for the same gluten free base with substitute goats cheese at their Regent Street, Cambridge branch the next day too. exactly the same, "No Problem, Madam", with big smile from new waitress on her first day. Had the "Veneziana" both times. Delicious !! But also couldn't resist some of my husband's " Sloppy Giuseppe " , equally delicious. Actually, it's nearly lunchtime now. " Sweetheart, fancy a Pizza?" :-) Ps: the Jesus Lane branch is worth a visit for ambience alone. It's a converted period ballroom with floor to ceiling silvering mirrored walls and marble floors. Great "WOW" factor. Take your loved one!!

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Poshest pizza express I've ever been to!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I went three weeks ago with my gf while visiting Cambridge for the weekend. We were hungry and pizza express never fails to disappoint me. And this was no exception, I got my usual order of dough balls for starters then for mains I ordered the normal cheese tomato with extra cheese pizza ! I think I should have taken a picture of my pizza, it was cheese overload!

The inheritor was quite something to behold, I've been to a few in the city of London before and they are never decked out like this place was like a royal palace, chandeliers, all the colonnades, beautiful!

Waiter was great as always, she went the extra mile I think with my gfs dietary restrictions, as she has a lactose intolerance combined with her gluten intolerance. Every time we asked what was in what she promptly went to the chef and asked with a smile!

Lovely place to go and eat with your loved ones.

1 Thank Nuur2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Friendly with tasty selection of foods.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

This restaurant has several outlets, yet each one has its own touch of individuality. I enjoyed a delicious salad, my friends a pizza and we shared a house wine of good flavour. We shall return!

Visited March 2014