“Bad bad bad”

Ranked #310 of 705 Restaurants in Cambridge
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Bank holiday Monday evening and only one member of staff behind the bar. Fed up waiting to be served ridiculous. Food basic but cheap I guess. Not really sure what to say dreadful.

There are newer reviews for Monkfield Arms

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We went for a few drinks on a Friday evening which, as expected, was quite a busy evening. The barman (Keith) was in a foul mood. I ordered two drinks and was huffed at by the barman as one of them was a whiskey and coke (not really that complex!). I then asked if we could order an ice cream sundae to which the response I got was "Well give me your table number then". I was waiting for him to ask for it! He got our drinks and slammed them down on the bar spilling both of them. By this point I was so upset by his behaviour that I didn't feel I could complain, so paid and walked away. The management seriously need to consider the attitude of some of the members of staff as I felt quite intimidated by the treatment I received.

2  Thank Sian L
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I went for a few drinks after work and felt the bar staff were very rude especially the old guy in the glasses he spoke to people with no respect customer service was very poor also don't recommend you eat there as there microwave food is disgusting! It used to be a lovely pub it's a shame it's gone so downhill may be due to poor or lack of management

2  Thank Chefsophie
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Good food for the price. Waitress droped half a dozen chip when serving and replaced them with a large bowl! Food hot and quickly served all round good place. Excellent staff.

1  Thank markcambridge82
Reviewed 22 December 2011

From the moment we arrived at the bar we received excellent service and the most friendly approach from all of the staff especially Keith.

The meal was delicious and was so well priced - far too much food for me. I got told off for leaving so much :-)

10/10 - I would recommend this pub for food to anyone. An absolute knock out.