“Good pizza ”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated about a 20 min walk from the centre of town. A 'multi-aled' traditional house with excellent 'just what I need' pub food. An awesome atmosphere at night and a truly genuine clientele - (that's you!). A one of a kind family friendly pub that you're just going to love!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great place for pizza and beer with friends. You can sit inside or outside and they have various offers like 2-for-1 Mondays etc.

George K, General Manager at The Salisbury Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your review! We think it's a great place too!

Thanks

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We came here Friday (may the 4th) and intended to watch The Star Wars films they were showing, the pub itself was packed and we had two kids with us so we chose to skip the movie watching and sit outside. The garden outside, itself was a lovely little, hidden gem!

But what really sold my partner and I (and two starving kids!) was the garlic, cheese bread. We ordered some, on a whim to share. We got two portions and most garlic bread in pubs is served using Ciabatta but imagine our delight when we were served, (incredibly promptly!) two pizza, style garlic cheese breads! It was absolutely divine! £3 for what essentially was an entire pizza! We are both so impressed with the taste and value, The Salisbury offers. We will be back very soon! What a find ! X

1  Thank Becci M
George K, General Manager at The Salisbury Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Becci,

Thank you for your review, we think the garlic bread is pretty banging too! Wait until you try the Mac and Cheese!!

See you soon!
Thanks

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We visited with a group for a Birthday lunch on a Saturday. I had high hopes as the vegan Pizza looked sounded amazing. The place looked great, very open and decorated in a quirky, comfortable fashion. We ordered our food and waited a considerable time to be served. There were 12 in our group and by the time the last 2 dishes came out, childrens portions, the majority of the group had finished their meals long before. The vegan pizza did look amazing but I must admit the flavour lacked the impact what the visual seemed to promise. Several of our group ordered the same things and the inconsistency of the toppings was odd. I know that they are hand made but some seemed to be considerably different in terms of quantity of toppings. It took an awful long time for the table to be cleared and having 3 children in the party this was a little stressful with lack of space to put drinks etc. I also was quite cold as being in the back we were blasted with cold air every time someone went out to the smoking area. I hate to make this seem like I am moaning as we did have an nice time with some 'nice' food, we were not blown away though and it did seem over priced for what we actually were served. I can't say that I will be rushing back.

George K, General Manager at The Salisbury Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Luci,

Thanks for your review. I can only apologise that we didn't live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback, and I will talk to the team to ensure we improve. I hope you give us another try and that we can impress you more next time!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Salisbury Arms claims to specialise in pizza. I grew up in the shadow of Chicago, spent three years living in New York, had a trip to Italy, and I have had pizza on four continents. Some of the things Salisbury Arms says are pizza are actually pizza, and they are decent pizzas. Some of the other things the Salisbury Arms says is pizza are most certainly not pizza. Pumpkin does not belong on a pizza or as a pizza sauce. Sorry y'all. I didn't try any of the drinks or pots or whatever, my friends seemed to enjoy the place, so it's probably a decent pub, but if you are on the hunt for legit pizza in Cambridge this should not be at the top of your list.

Lily,

Thanks for your review! We like to try and be creative with some of our pizzas, but try to keep some staples as authentic as possible. Our kitchen team is a 4 man team, 3 of which are Italian, so we get their approval at least!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Really great place with great pizza and pots! I had lasagna with pulled beef. Absolutely amazing! If you want to have a meal on a relaxed place, these guys are great.

1  Thank Fernando P
George K, General Manager at The Salisbury Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Fernando,

Stoked you enjoyed the Lasagne, we think it'd pretty banging too! Hope to see you again soon!