“Poor customer service”

Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Went for the 2nd time with 6 other members of my family..
5 or the 7 meals were fantastic, but my sister and I asked for sweet and sour chicken (without batter) as a special as it's not on the menu. We both found that it was very bland and had no taste.. When we complained, we were told that they had been cooking this dish for 13 yrs and never had a complaint ( even though it's not on the menu)...no apology or offer to get us anything else, just acted very defensive... Took our meals away and did not charge us. We had both sat there hungry, with no meal while the other 5 members enjoys their meals.... Will not be making a 3 visit!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank CazzaJacks

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“best set lunch ever!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

my girlfriend and I both stay opposite from Yippee noodle bar and if there's anything that has been a constant in our studying lives, it is Yippee noodle bar's 'Set Lunch B, with rice and pork' (that's because you can choose to have it with noodles and chicken as well).

not only does the flavour of the pork amalgamate exquisitely with the courgettes and aubergines, the spring onions add that extra fragrance and sweetness to please the taste buds. arguably the star of the show is the homemade chilli oil that the restaurant provides. this chilli oil is unique in that it is freshly made with the restaurant's own secret recipe. it exudes the fragrance of dried shrimp and succeeds in achieving the perfect level of spice. eaten together with Set Lunch B, they make the ideal match, with the chilli bringing out the myriad of flavours captured in what is, in itself, already a fantastic dish.

the owner, Uncle Lim, is also really nice so you can be sure to be greeted with a genial smile as you dine.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Victor C
London, United Kingdom
“Quick and Tasty”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The best duck in Cambriddge, always cooked to perfection. It ix a fast serving noodle bar so not the type of place you would go for a long catch up over dinner, however, it is consistently very good food.

Visited March 2014
“Favourite noodle place”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Have been coming here for years, best noodle place in town. Similar to Wagamanas in style except you sit on benches and it is not a chain. The food is very fresh. My favourite is spicy ho fun beef noodles. Or I will get plain noodles, the mix platter starter and the mango cucumber salad which I love. The mango salad is unique and goes so well with noodles I've started making it at home. Lightening speed service but always freshly cooked fare. Well done to the restaurant for providing consistently good service and food over the last ten or so years!!

Visited January 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly unheard of considering the food!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had not heard of this restaurant until a friend suggested it to me, and I was so pleased he did. It is not dissimilar to Dojo, you could also describe it as a more authentic and interesting version of wagamama's. The portions are large and the menu is interesting, there is a nice relaxed atmosphere too. It is a little fast-foody but very good value!

Visited August 2013