“good ambience”

Ranked #149 of 711 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$7 - US$53
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An eclectic Cambridge restaurant situated on the famous King Street in the heart of Cambridge. Modern British cuisine, utilising the freshest local ingredients by a team of talented chefs in the kitchen. We have recently undergone a massive redevelopment with a brand new restaurant. Come on an adventure with us and discover your palette. We also have our private dining room "The wineshop", which is available for your function. We have built a bar above the restaurant with a roof top terrace. Called the Liquor Loft! We have an extensive cocktail list with a focus on barrel aged cocktails, home-made liquors and cordials, paired with craft spirits and beers.
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I liked this restaurant for its atmosphere-The food was good enough-the service was good-cosy restaurant-English food a safe bet for most Diners

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We loved this little restaurant. The service was fantastic, the menu was varied and had something for everyone (allergies, vegetarians, etc.), and the food was very good. The appetizers/starters were especially delicious.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Visited on Sunday, came on restaurant while walking around Cambridge as we were there for only a day. As we had a tastecard D'Arry's was the option we chose. I quickly checked reviews while we waited to order and saw there was a bit of a mixed bag of previous opinions, this continued into our meal. My husband had the chicken and ham pie which he was very happy with and did taste very nice, I had the chicken and chips which looked great but was very average in taste. The chicken was pretty tasteless, the crispy coating didn't seem to add anything to the taste and I'm not sure why there was a cheddar fondue sauce??? Didn't quite work, wish I had gone with my original choice of the Sunday roast.
As for the deserts, again not good. My husband had cheesecake which was not good enough for the price and I had a lemon posset which was far too sharp! I'm just glad we got it 2 for 1 with our tastecard!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

The setting of this popular restaurant is very good. We were welcomed by very friendly staff and given a nice table. Wine was very expensive for what it was but not astronomical. Our food came promptly and was beautifully presented. Unfortunately the pork belly main, which had come very highly recommended by one of our party who had eaten at D'Arrys a few months ago, was a real let down. Everything on the plate except the pork itself was exceptional. The pork was hard as a rock on the top layer, not the crispy crackling you want with that meal. Underneath that was a few centimetres of fatty goo which we had to scrape off. Some of the meat was tasty but over half was grey and unappetising. There was a bone in one of the bellys. That said, the pies and burgers are to die for. The only other disappointment was the blondie dessert (a white chocolate brownie) which tasted good but was so dense it was a real effort to get through. We did have an excellent time, and most of us ate well, but a couple of details left a bitter taste. I will be back, but I will order carefully.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

12 of us visited d'Arry's for a birthday meal. We had the function room off of the courtyard which is a lovely room with a beautiful old oak/glass table. However the table was the highlight for me. The menu lacked chioce and was not accurate. I had the pork belly for my main and was swayed in that direction by the Dauphinouse potatoes. When the dish arrived it had mash. Not the end of the world I know but when you are paying you want what you order. My wife had the mushroom linguine which she felt was poor as did two other individuals on our table. The sauce had little to no taste to it. The service was good though and I felt the two young ladies did well on the night the kitchen let thm down a bit and we did wait a while for some main courses to arrive.

My main problem was the quality compared to the price. We paid nealy £90 per couple for dinner. All we had was a starter and main and a feww drinks. We all went out to La Margharita last month and paid £62 per couple which included desserts and it was of much higher quality.

I dont think I will go back again as there are better palces to eat both with price and quality in mind!