“Simply superb”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This remains one of my all time favourite Cambridge restaurants and I'd recommend it to anyone without question (and have!). Food is simply perfect, wine choice is wide and the service is friendly but knowledgeable (especially re the wine). A tucked away gem indeed.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I, and two friends, went to the Backstreet Bistro for brunch last Saturday. Happily, we had one of the best brunch experiences we've had: this is a great alternative to Bill's or Fitzbillie's. The wide and interesting array of food was of a really high quality, and was all very well prepared. The cocktails were also very excellent, and and I had a very enjoyable Bloody Mary - strong and spicy, but not overpowering. The service was brilliant; some of the best we've ever experienced in Cambridge. Our only criticism concerns the rather watery coffee: nothing too offensive, but we expected a lot better. I would recommend visiting without hesitation.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent celebration meal. Thai red duck curry specially good - portion was perhaps ever so slighly too large. White wine jelly desert was perfect - light and aromatic without being too heavy at tend of the meal. Waitresses were attentive without being overbearing, and winde recommendation was just right.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I ate at the Back Street Bistro last night and it was the best meal I have eaten there. Tempura scallops were cooked to perfection. The service was great, friendly, efficient, everything it should be. I love the atmosphere in the BSB, it is fun and relaxing. If the food continues to be good as last night I think it should get a much higher rating on Trip Advisor. Thank you BSB for all your hard work.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Ended up in this bistro since some of the other restaurants I called were fully booked. I was really nicely surprised by this little restaurant. The menu had many different choices, good wine selection, the atmosphere was great with a lovely ceiling made of wine bottles. The food was delicious and the waitresses very nice. It is only 4 stars instead of 5 mainly because we had to wait a long time to get our meals.