“Good food & nice ambiance.”
Review of Backstreet Bistro - CLOSED

Backstreet Bistro
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is one of the restaurants in Cambridge that I keep repeatedly going back to, because I know it will never let me down. The brunch is fantastic. The dinner is great. A rotating seasonal menu, you're guaranteed to find something fresh that you will love. I've always had good service. If I have out of town guests, I bring them here, because I know the quality will always be there. This place is always busy so make reservations!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We've dined here several times now and always had such a wonderful time, I decided I should share our good fortune with others and write a review.

The Backstreet Bistro has a lovely ambiance - cosy, unfussy yet charming. The service is friendly and incredibly efficient - amazing given that the restaurant is inevitably full. As for the food...we have had different dishes every time - including fish, duck, steak, Thai - and found them all superb. Unlike many restaurants, the Bistro also offers a great selection for vegetarians. The prices are not the cheapest around but when you take into account the quality of the produce, the excellent chefs and the wonderful service, it's very good value for money.

The only slight downside perhaps is that it's tucked away between the corner of Sturton and Hooper Street. Don't let that put you off though. Wherever you live, it's definitely worth the trip.

One last tip. We would advise making a reservation beforehand to avoid being disappointed. The few times we have been, it has been packed out.

1  Thank Alison1123
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I went for brunch one Saturday morning and the food was super adventurous and yummy. They have a great vegetarian selection and reasonably good coffee. It looks like it does a roaring trade in the evening. Once again, the selection for vegetarians is great.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

On an evening out for my birthday my Wife had planned to take me to a recommended restaurant, but whilst walking around the mill road area we stumbled upon this absolute gem. At one hours notice we made a reservation for a table. We dined outside in the courtyard, and the whole evening was brilliant. Food, drink, service all first class. At the end if the evening they presented my wife with a rose, we will be back, for the brunch , the lunch, and another evening meal. Thank you for making my birthday very special.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were most surprised with the speed of service and the quality. Impressive.
Great atmosphere and value for money.