“My husband and I”

Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Dull tastless overpriced .Would not recommend it.Would not go back again.Service charge was added so asked to be removed.No heating in place relied on peoples body heat .Your choice

1  Thank Jucambridge

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

As a Sydney-sider I thought it was over priced but no more so than other Cambridge establishments. The staff were friendly. It feels like a family run business. I suspect the wait staff are children of the owners. Quite similar to a restaurant back home.
We had pancake for starters and shared vego Pho. It was delicious. We were not hassled at all. The portion sizes were sufficient for us to share between two. It was a nice way to start the evening.

1  Thank Sam C
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We enjoyed our meal here. The food was tasty and the service was prompt (important as we were going to the theatre). Only one other table was occupied when we arrived, but it had filled up by the time we left. If you want wine you bring your own; they sell beer and soft drinks.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I ate at Thanh Binh on the 21st December with 4 friends. We pre-booked thinking it would be a busy saturday night but on arrival we were the only ones in the eatery….never a great sign in my experience. Its a bring your own booze place which I like as it keeps costs down and you drink exactly what you want.

Service was prompt if lacking any real pleasantries and despite literally being the only ones in the restaurant, our admittedly boistrous (but not offensive, rude, noisy - I mean giggles and laughter) seemed to be too much for the lady behind the bar who proceeded to shhh us!

All of the staff seemed to be less than excited that we were there (perhaps they don't like all male groups?) and were very business like. Hardly acting as warm hosts.

The food was limited menu wise but we all agreed it was excellent and very flavourful…perhaps the chefs should serve it themselves as based on the effort that clearly went into the food, they would have been a welcome change from the waiting team!

All in all, good food, naff atmosphere and bordering on frosty demeanor from staff. I won't rush back - a shame as based on the food, it could be a gem. That said, if eating in libraries (silence) is your thing, this could be the perfect place. Seeking atmosphere and service as well as good food, go elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were looking for a good Vietnamese food and thought we should try this place. It is overall average in every way - which is not bad. Decor is nice, service was good and the food as well. Just not outstanding. It was a bit salty for our taste, but fine otherwise.