“Never fails!”

Ranked #20 of 731 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$21 - US$43
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family run restaurant since 1999, just on the corner of Ditton walk on Newmarket road. We do sitting in and takeaway, delivery service and online ordering.
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Been back again and as usual the food and service were fantastic, some places seem to have their off days but never at the Pipasha.
I would always recommend this place and have to numerous friends and relatives who have all enjoyed the experience!

a2hye, Owner at Pipasha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

thank you once again.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Fantastic food, fantastic people, fantastic experience.

thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I went to Pipasha on Saturday night before going to see Jimmy Carr at the Corn Exchange and what a lovely way to start the evening! It was a lovely meal, I had a king prawn dish and the flavours were great and really good quality ingredients. It was quite an expensive meal but you get what you pay for. I'd happily pay a little extra to get a good quality meal. The service was excellent, very attentive staff and they knew we were in a rush so the food came fairly quickly considering there were a lot of other tables. I have been to a lot of indian restaurants back in Essex where I live and I travel down to Brick Lane for curry and this really was a great Indian Restaurant. With a car park at the back and not too far from the town (a 10 min car journey) If you're looking for a good quality indian, go here!

thank you very much.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Pipasha is the best Indian restaurant in Cambridge. In fact, it is one of the best I have ever been to. I have been many times over the years and every time I come back to Cambridge, I go for a curry at Pipasha.

The food is exceptional and the service is warm, friendly and personal. The specials are superb and they will make you a curry to order the way you like it.

We had some vegetarian curries and naan bread and they were excellent. The panir (ponir) is really good and the keema meat in the keema naan is delicious and natural looking (not the bright red stuff you get in other places.

I recommend Pipasha very strongly and I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We decided to visit after recommendations on Trip Advisor. We reserved a table on a Friday night, and when we arrived were shown to our table after just 2 minutes. A bit disappointed to find the menu much like any other common curry house in the UK.

Placed our order, got our drinks and then waited. And waited. And waited. After 40 minutes we asked a waiter what was going on. He never returned. We were thinking of just leaving. After 50 minutes we asked another waiter, who came back to say the food would be ready in 5 minutes. This was the only indication we had from anyone that they cared about us. The food arrived 70 minutes after we ordered it! The waiter who served it said they were always busy. Why don't they hire more staff? Why don't they let us know what is going on? We had an apology when the bill came and as we were leaving, but no mention of taking anything off the bill or a free dessert, etc.

The food itself was (thankfully!) quite good, except for the king prawns which tasted of nothing but the indifferent sauce. Very poor. We were surprised to see they offer no South Asian desserts except for Kulfi (not made on the premises). I think the people who rave about the food must never have been to Bradford or Birmingham or Drummond Street. The search for a quality South Asian restaurant in Cambridge continues...

3  Thank Strozzapreti
a2hye, Owner at Pipasha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

As i can say sorry 4 ur wait again but any good restaurant you go to on weekends you got to wait for your food.