“Birthday treat”

Ranked #35 of 715 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family run restaurant since 1999, just on the corner of Ditton walk on Newmarket road. We do sitting in and takeaway, delivery service and online ordering.
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I've been again as it never fails to please me, in fact I am going again by the end of the week it is that good!!
Several family members, from 80+ to less than 2 and there were happy faces all round.
If you have never been and like Indian food just try it as I'm sure you won't regret it!!

a2hye, Owner at Pipasha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

We are happy to hear that our food has pleased all your family! Thank you very much for your throughout support for the last 14 years, it has been a very pleasant journey with you all and we cant wait to accommodate you for the years to come.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

The food was so nice, if you just want to enjoy a nice indian style meal or probably best take away. Service is not the best, i did not felt confortable with the waiters always staring at my table, but once again food was delicious, i will come back for sure even if just for take away

a2hye, Owner at Pipasha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our food. Regarding the service, we are sorry that you had felt like the staff were making you feel uncomfortable. As the restaurant is relatively small, it wasn't the staff's intention to 'stare' at your table, they were just trying to do their job. Please come again.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Pipasha is our local indian restaurant and we couldnt ask for a better one. My husband and I travel around England a lot and have never had a curry anywhere to compare with the Pipasha. We have introduced family and friends to the restaurant and we go back many times with them. The service is excellent with really friendly and helpful staff. It is always busy with lots of return custom which proves how good it is! Definately worth visiting.

1  Thank christine w

Thank you for the review, we are very happy to hear that no restaurant compares to Pipasha! It is our pleasure to serve you for the last 14 years, and we hope to serve you for the years to come.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

This restaurant has good service and people are very nice. The choice is large, however, it suffers from the common problem most indian restaurants have, they serve you too quickly!

Before we even had time to take off our coats our popadoms had arrived! Service was fast, but too fast, we wanted to relax and enjoy our evening and finish our bottle of wine, but so much food came our way, we didnt even have space to finish the wine, letalone half of the food and took it away in a doggy bad less than an hour after we had arrived!

My main problem with this place was the meat, it wasnt cooked fresh, it was reheated. The sauce was bland too, no flavour really, not compared to many other indian restaurants. This is typical of reheated food with no fresh ingredients.

The lamb looked like it was cooked 2 or 3 days ago and got out the fridge and put into the sauace and then warmed up... no wonder the food arrived so quickly!

Thank you for your review. We can assure you that all our produce is fresh and cooked daily, also we are a very busy restaurant and our staff do like to cook the food in an efficient time. If you do come again, please let us know that you are present for a relaxing evening and I'll let my staff know to serve you a bit more slowly.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I moved to Cambridge about six months ago from Manchester and was surprised to find the bizzare understanding and taste of Indian food that people have in Cambridge. I have visited around 12 places so far and not a single one has been able to satisfy me. It is not the service, its just the food, it is absolutely terrible!! It really does make me wonder if anyone in Cambridge has ever eaten in a 'proper' Indian restaurant. I ate in Pipasha last week as people had said it was one of the best around, but I was astonished to find that the food was no better than any of the other places. In fact it tasted exactly the same as the other restaurants. If you have eaten in the likes of Akbars, Tayyabs, Mumtaz, Lahori, or anywhere in Manchester, Leeds, Bradford, London, Birmingham, then I am afraid you will find the Indian food in Cambridge completely tasteless and terrible. We now drive to London when we feel like a curry!!

4  Thank Ben A
a2hye, Owner at Pipasha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Thank you for your long, and very thoroughly thought out review, as of the restaurants you have mentioned in the review, I myself have also ate in those restaurants and have seen that they are catered mainly for the Asian community, we are Pipasha, we cater for multi cultural people so you are most welcome to return back to your preferred restaurants.