Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2021

Fabulous short break on this beautiful barge moored near the centre of Ely. Cabin was well equipped and spotlessly clean, super comfy bed and river views through portholes. Amazing breakfasts. Friendly, welcoming and informative hosts. Plenty of nice bars & restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Highly recommend Hotel Barge Waternifm to anyone visiting the historic city of Ely, which has lots to see and do.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank suzy627
Reviewed 13 September 2021

I don’t know where to start with this review. Should I describe the superb standard of the accommodation? Very much what I would have expected on a luxury boat, built by a craftsman. What about the food? We couldn’t do the breakfast justice, I regret to say. A full English cooked to order but I wish it had left me room for the delicious-looking croissants. How about the best bed I’ve ever slept in? Big and soft and so comfy. Our stay started with the best welcome ever. A bottle of cold white wine, two glasses and a table and two chairs on the boat’s stern. How did Stuart know this was my dream, to have a glass of white wine whilst sitting on a boat on the river in Ely on a lovely summer day? He didn’t. From reading other reviews, I see this was the usual welcome. And I thought we were special. And when we left, I realised we were. Stuart is such a good host.The experience was more than I’d hoped for a special treat. The accommodation is quirky, light years away from those ordinary hotel rooms that are cloned throughout the world. Book a stay. You’ll enjoy the barge, you’ll enjoy Ely.

Room tip: Not for people with limited mobility etc. It's a boat. There are steep steps to climb.
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 9 July 2021

My wife and I stayed on the Waternimf for two nights. We both loved the quirkiness and luxury of the room and found the host Stuart very helpful and friendly. The location is beautiful and great for accessing Ely on foot. The highlight was the breakfast served in the room ( covid restrictions have obviously been a factor). Overall the bedroom and lounge were very comfortable however the toilet was very awkward to use ( due to shape of barge). I would highly recommend staying on Waternimf for a quiet relaxing couple of nights exploring the local area. If arriving by car please note there is no secure car parking and finding a space (which is all free in Ely) close to the barge is pot luck. Lovely touch was host leaving us a bottle of red wine on arrival.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Felix9855
Reviewed 24 June 2021 via mobile

Very tastefully decorated and converted. Excellent service. Fabulous breakfast.set up is your own private lounge, with the bedroom downstairs. Ideal location. Very clean and Covid safe. Easy walk into Ely and the Cathedral and all the other attractions.

Room tip: Possibly not ideal for those with mobility issues, as the steps to the bedroom are very steep and you need to go down backwards
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank 450gilliant
Reviewed 20 June 2021 via mobile

A brilliantly different experience. Great fun to stay on a refurbished 1906 Dutch Barge close to Ely City Centre. Excellent hospitality provided by Stuart the owner that included a warm welcome and excellent breakfasts. Would happily return!

Date of stay: May 2021