“Why is everyone so miserable?”
Review of Mango Valley - CLOSED

Mango Valley
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We were visiting friends in Ely and they had said that they had booked a table at the A10 diner. I checked out the reviews and feared the worst. On arrival our party of 4 adults and 7 kids we're welcomed by friendly staff. We were seated quickly and ordered draught Cobra and soft drinks within minutes. The waiter showed us to an extensive buffet of Chinese and Indian food. I'm a big fan of Indian food and highlights were chilli paneer and a slow cooked lamb Bhuna. The kids kept grazing for an hour or so and our 4 year old had more than his fair share of chicken satay. Other favourites were the shredded duck and home made onion bhajis. The desserts were pretty average but who goes to an Asian buffet looking to get excited by a pudding. Even the best Asian restaurants struggle with desserts. The waiter replaced our dirty plates, made sure we were happy and topped up the emptying buffet trays with fresh food. Overall a very good night out for the adults and children at a reasonable price. I see no need to give these decent people a miserable review. 11 happy customers from aged 4 to 45 can't be wrong.......can they?

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The A10 buffet used to be called Spiceworld. I was a regular customer (about 20 times a year) travelling 40 mins for a great curry experience.

It has gone downhill.

The food is old, dry, and dangerous. The buffet pots are mainly empty and are not replenished, even if you ask them to be.

The cold sweet buffet is what has been left from the night before, with grapes in sweet milk going brown and bananas all slimey. Even the ice cream has suffered. The new owners have decided to buy the cheapest bulk tubs from cash and carry which tastes appaling and freeze so hard it is impossible to scoop out. At least before, the ice cream came from Tesco and was soft scoop which was acceptable.

I don't normally write reviews but I am doing it as a warning to the new owners to try and get them to buck their ideas up before they lose what little custom they have left.

People do use these reviews as a point of reference and when they are getting to be all negative with no positive, a restaurant will die slowly.

A message to the new owners:-
I would reccomended dropping the Chinese food as it doesn't keep warm well in a buffet, especially when you are not busy and don't have the turnover. Your Christmas period will make or break you as you will have your local customers having their works lunches and remembering how it was.
I was in the restaurant business for 12 years and you are only as good as your last meal. Restaurants survive on a good reputation and reviews are also important, both of which are going downhill.

Please get better...your curries used to be the tastiest and have the biggest selection for miles around.

2  Thank kevanjmr
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Arrived at 20.30 on a Friday evening with my partner, car park nearly empty and less than 20 people in the restaurant. We were shown to our table and asked what we wanted to drink, drinks ordered we went up to get our food, that's when I wanted to leave as there was hardly anything there, no duck, spring rolls, satay chicken, deep fried crispy beef, popadoms to name a few!! we put what there was on our plates thinking they were going to refill soon....how wrong we were. The food we had was cold and I was shocked to see that staff were filling there bowls up with food when there was hardly enough for those of us left eating. The pudding was enjoyable but then how can they go wrong with jelly. By 21.40 we were the only people left in the restaurant we were asked how our meal was and I told them I didn't enjoy it and that there was very little choice, I was told I should have told them what I wanted cooked and they would have cooked it for me, he also claimed that we arrived late... I do not consider 20.30 on a Friday late. I have eaten at this restaurant many times before it changed hands and would say I never I had a bad meal there, I will never go back to A10 buffet again it has gone downhill so much

3  Thank Diane C
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Ok, I went to the A10 buffet on the recommendation by my sister as she was intending on taking our parents and her future in laws there for a little get together. Long story short I thought would take a friend and check the joint out before my picky parents went!
Me and my friend turn up to the A10 buffet the car park was baron ... we go inside and I honestly thought we had arrived to early as we were the only people in there! we were seated at a table for 4 which suited us as we had every intention on getting our monies worth! the waiter asked what we would like to drink and as we had no idea of prices etc. we asked for water... be specific when you ask for tap water as they brink you a small bottle costing £4 if you don’t! Ok so the waiter leaves us.... so we just take ourselves to the buffet and start picking what we would like, the food was cold! it looked as though it had been left out from the previous night! prawn crackers were there but even they tasted like they were left over from the past evening!!! ok so my first plate of Chinese was not all that great... the sauces were like glue the noodles were sticky and the meat well I'd rather not go there if I'm honest! So second plate consisted of the curry side... the chicken had just been put out and was barley hot the curry was goupy and just nasty! ok so I'm really not all that pleased by this point... I try the desert/salad cart thing... the jelly took me back to my school days and to be honest was pretty tasty but then it is jelly and I have never met anyone who could mess that up! the ice cream was frozen... as in my friend snapped the spoon frozen! the fruit was warm and I almost threw up over the melon!
The toilets were also interesting as the light was broken! I won’t tell you the horror I endured there!
Long story short is…. This place is very low on cost but the food was low on standards! I won’t recommend this place.

1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We visited the a10 buffet with low expectations after reading previous reviews. When we got there, there was only one other couple dining, they sat in stoney silence. We were quickly ushered to a table for 4 although there was only 2 of us. We were asked what we wanted to drink and just had to guess at what was available as they did not have a drinks menus. The waiter... Let's call him des... Mumbled something about carlsberg and cobra so we opted for 2 cobras it was no more than adequate for our requirements on the night. We then wandered on our own accord to the buffet cart and helped ourselves to a selection of asian cuisine..... Prawn toasties were present!!... When we returned to our table our drinks awaited us very efficient! We scoffed our food and following a second visit we decided we had had enough, by this time a few revellers had enter the building and the ambience increased marginally. Other notable aspects.... A good silhouette canvas... Annoying small flying insects... Quick removal of used plate.... Sometimes too quick!!!!..... We may or may not return to the a10 buffet depending on our desperation for food, however joking aside it is the best a10 buffet on the a10. Would definitely recommend it to other a10 fanatics... Peace out homies... Mr & mrs silhouette

1  Thank MrandmrsSilhouette