Lamb Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$223
Travelodge Ely(Ely)(Great Value!)
Little Downham Anchor(Little Downham)
US$131
Priceline
Rosery Country House Hotel(Newmarket)(Great Value!)
US$201
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Cadogan Hotel(Newmarket)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsold coaching inna bit tiredbreakfast stafffour poster bedmain buildingcentre of townvisited elyely cathedralstayed one nightcar parkingbreakfast was excellenta lovely staypintsimon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We've been here before and the service was pretty bad but the food was good, this time it was the other way around

The waitress who served us was lovely but sadly the food was a let down. The steak was tough and bland, one tiny overcooked mushroom. The chicken my partner had was very dry and the chips were poor quality oven chips.. I don't think I'd eat here again and heard many locals say the same

Room Tip: Try the cutter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Richard D, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We are sorry to hear you were not 100% satisfied with your visit at The Lamb, but please be assured we are all working hard to try and make sure we offer the correct high standard of service Old English Inns are well known for. We hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at Lamb hotel for one night 17 april. Me and my wife had two single room. The room where clean and quite. The staff was helpful and polite. The breakfast was really good cooked and service excelent. Next time in Ely, I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Micael A

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at the Lamb and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I took a party of 34 people to this hotel on the 27th March 2014 for a two night stay. I had made this reservation back in the Autumn of 2013, and spoke with one of the managers a lady named Aneta. She must have known that this would be a tall order for her and the staff, but it was only when we arrived at the hotel to begin our stay, that the problems began to show themselves.

As I was the organiser for this break, most of the other freinds kept their thoughts to them selves, but my wife & I room was dirty, & dusty and was positioned so that with the window open (it was open when we arrived), we received the full blast of the kitchen extractor fans so that the room smelt like a fish & chip shop. One of the junior staff came to the room with a paper towel and a spray bottle and tried to clean the dust and dirt from the furniture, and promised to move us to another room the following day, This was done and it was a better room.

We were booked in on a bed & breakfast basis, but had told the hotel we would be eating our evening meals there as well. On the first night we commenced our meal at around 7-30 ish, and it finished around 10-00, on the second evening we commenced our meal around 6-30 and this time we finished around 10-30!

It was obvious that the hotel was grossly understaffed and if it wasn't for the fact that we were surrounded by our freinds etc, we would have either moved to another hotel or driven home.

Room Tip: Find another Hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michael E

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online. We at the Lamb are sorry you were disappointed with your visit. We are working hard to try and make sure we offer the correct high standard of service Old English Inns are well known for. We hope this has not put you off either the Lamb or Old English Inns. At the time of your visit we had a manager with us whome was new to the company and he didn't end up staying with us, so I am very pleased to say we now have a new manager who is working very hard with the team to turn The Lamb around.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This place could be really marvelous, but is let down by minor (and easily correctable) flaws. The hotel is in a great location (a minute from the wonderful Cathedral) and the rooms are good value and well presented for what they are...I don't get too hung up on rooms, but thats a personal thing. The bed was very comfortable in fact. Initially, the staff were not very attentive at all. No offer of help with luggage, nonchalant at the bar and not very interested in general. This improved later in the trip with changes in staffing, the young lady receptionist was professional and helpful and the breakfast waiter was polite and efficient. My friend asked for a small selection of English breakfast items and was presented with a spoonful of scrambled egg, a single mushroom and half a tomato, lobbed on a plate with no finesse at all. They cold have increased the portions of these few items...very disappointing. We didn't eat there outside of breakfast, but the food looked presentable.
As I stated at the beginning, these are easily resolved issues..but make all the difference.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Lamb and hope to see you again soon. We are sorry to hear you were not 100% satisfied, but please be assured we are all working hard to try and make sure we offer the correct high standard of service Old English Inns are well known for. We hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Lamb is a charming hotel/pub located in the middle of Ely. good priced room £60 for B and B. Decent sized clean room. I'd wanted to upgrade my room but couldn't as I booked it through a third party: worth booking through Greene King website. Nonetheless, the gentleman on duty moved me to a bigger room, and it was excellent. On site parking. Very quiet. Good service. The food is fine though on the night I stayed the menu was limited as it was Mothering Sunday. I can certainly recommend it. The service when I was arrived was friendly, clear and helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Lamb and hope to see you again soon.