High Flyer
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Little Downham Anchor(Little Downham)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Worlington Hall(Mildenhall)
The Bell Hotel(Mildenhall)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssunday carverynice standardwide choicesea basspuddingvegetables
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Me and my partner decided to go here for a meal over the weekend and the little waitress was shouting about her sexual ecperiences and swearing, the bar staff was rude when we ordered our food and drinks, our food come out and it tasted out of date and wasn't cooked properly, i highly recommend staying away from this place, there was a young chef and she was doing all the cleaning because the 2 chavy chefs was to busy standing at the bar messing about with all the bar staff, if this young girl sees this then you deserve to go somewhere better as this is a s**t hole

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank jameysmithe
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We decided to go here on Sunday evening as it has always been quite good. When we arrived, I thought we had walked into a youth club. There were young girls swooning over the male bar staff and swearing and shouting. I wanted to leave, but my partner persuaded me to stay. The food was average, but it will take me a long time to return

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SammyC1973
Reviewed 4 March 2014

decided to stay as ive stayed before. old landlord has left and a complete idiot is in charge. rooms are filthy, no toilet rolls guy next room , who is friend of new owner smoking dope in his room whole place reeks.food downstairs is disgusting, never heard so many complaints. shut this place down or get a proper owner not this idiot. will never ever return.

Room Tip: just avoid like the plague. new owner is more interested in drugs with his mate than anything else.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

we went to the High Flyer for a carvery meal at 5.00 on a Sunday (booked early that morning) they offer a carvery service up until 9.00
the meat had virtually run out and what little there was was dried up, it was a 'take it or leave it choice'
The veg and potatoes were dried up and only warm. the whole meal was inedible.
when we complained to the manager and questioned how they would serve any one else he really did not care and even tried to charge us for the two meals we sent back.
while I was paying the bill (for starters and drinks and one main course) he was saying to his staff "well I am not wasting more meat ". very disappointed in the food and service and will not return again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gillian H
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Took my mum for a meal at the high flyer and wish we hadn't bothered! Phoned in advance to ask what time the carvery ended and if we could book a table - person I spoke to had no clue about times or prices but said that he was sure the carvery was served until 8pm. We booked for 5.30 and ordered 2 carveries with our waitor. We waited 10 minutes for our drinks even though the restaurant was very quiet! Then headed up to the 'carvery' which quite frankly was a joke!! There was shrivelled up Turkey on offer or gammon plus the end of a very fatty joint of beef. With no other option my mum opted for the turkey and me the gammon. I didn't opt for any roast potatoes as they were extemely over cooked. The cauliflower cheese was dry and had absolutely no sauce in it what so ever. The chef told us they had been very busy and pretty much sold out of everything. Disgusting. If you say you are serving a carvery until 8pm you should have fresh food on offer until that time, myself and my mum were hesitant about trying any of the vegetable as they all looked extremely unappetising. Shortly after we began eating another family went up to the carvery and expressed their anger to management about the poor choice on offer and he was spoken to rudely with the manager in no way apologising. We sat down to eat at 5.35 and by 5.50 we had paid and left. Not exactly the nice relaxing Sunday dinner we had hoped for and we certainly will not be returning. I work in the hospitality industry and this type of service and standards is not acceptable!!

• Stayed: February 2014