“Fun soft play”
Review of Tree Tops

Tree Tops
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Ely
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Have been to tree tops now a fair few times for family visits and birthday parties. Kids always have a great time and there's plenty of seating for us parents to keep watch. It's fairly new still so the equipment is in good condition and clean. Usually go peak times so have been disappointed on a couple of occasions to find out it's full.

Birthday parties are well catered for and have separate area for serving food and birthday cake.

Food is good quality (particularly the cakes!). Overall very good. Would be even better if wifi was available!

2  Thank Sam C

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Not my local area but visited with a friend who is nearby. Excellent facilities for all ages with 3 different age grouped areas on offer. Staff were freindly, inviting and happy to assist their customers to the max. Food was great value for money and quickly available which is just what you ask for with four hungery children taken out of the play area!!!! Has to be said that it is the cleanest soft play I have ever seen including All facilities from play, tables and rest rooms in my frequent visit to many soft play venue this is hard to find. We will definitely be visiting again whilst visiting my friend! Only wish I lived nearer!

2  Thank LMH2-2
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My daughter is just over 2 1/2 years old and this is our favourite soft play place in the area. Unlike a lot of soft play areas, the equipment is clean and I've not noticed any rips or tears that would make the equipment unsafe. The seating area, whilst not the most comfortable, is arranged well so that I can often get a table where I can keep an eye on all the equipment and thus keep an eye on my daughter whilst having a coffee and checking my emails (Tree Tops has free wi-fi.)

I can see that due to the unlimited play it would be very frustrating to have to wait at peak times and may result in very upset children. I've not experienced this yet as I've always gone during the week in term time. However, the unlimited play does make it very good value when you do get in.

The play equipment seems varied enough to keep young children happy for hours; I would guess that older children may find it a bit boring after a while.

I've never experienced any problems with the staff; they have always been helpful and friendly.

There are other activities available such as pizza making, arts and crafts and dance classes during the week which cost around £1-2 extra on top of the £4/£4.50 entrance price which includes unlimited play. We've not really done any of these yet so can't really comment on how good they are. We've also never been to a Tree Tops birthday party so can't comment on those either.

The food and drink is reasonably priced and there is a nice selection such as sandwiches and jacket potatoes which means you can avoid fried stuff with chips.

Overall, this is a great place to spend half a day to tire the little ones out, especially when the weather is bad. The reason I've given 4 stars rather than 5 is because of the potential to have to wait with an inpatient child if Treetops is full and because the cafeteria style plastic chairs are not as comfy as the sofas in some other places.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

First time visiting this play area as my son was going to a birthday party. My son suffers from mental health and sonething had up set him, rather than the staff member coming to get me to sort the situation she physically removed my son from the play area by his arms to then shout in my face! After being made aware he has mental health she then went on to say how I need to learn to control my son and he needs to learn to behave himself! We then left, disgusted! My son takes medication for his mental health, he was in such a state that it wasnt untill he had calmed down that he was able to tell me his back was hurting for me then to find she had dug her nails so hard in my 6 yrs olds back she had made him bleed!! Furious and have contacted the manager. Will never be returning!!

9  Thank lisa2588
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I live near Treetops, so we have been often. I have never had to wait long for entrance, even if they are full, there is usually someone leaving and we've only ever waited about 5 minutes to go in. The softplay area is always clean and well-kept, and there are 3 areas for different age groups.

The food is good value for the price, and usually comes very quickly to your table and you can run a tab as well, if you know you'll be buying drinks or food.

Staff are very friendly and ready to help with getting a high chair, or cleaning up a spill, and tables are cleaned frequently as the plates are finished with. Parties are very popular and are great - there is a separate eating area for the kids and they put tables aside for the parents. We've never been made to leave right at the booked time, if the party runs a little over we haven't been rushed out, but I expect this might be different if there is another party booked afterwards.

They offer various activities provided by other companies - messy arts and crafts, sports, french, pizza making - there's something every weekday morning for a slightly higher price with unlimited freeplay as well.

I often go with a group of kids and mums from my son's school when we are on holiday time and the kids spend hours running around, drinking squash and hopefully tiring themselves out.