“An interesting visit”

Ranked #9 of 33 things to do in Ely
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A remarkable selection of engines of all sizes, including models. Well laid out, plenty of information and keen volunteer staff. And I took the photo :-)

1  Thank John G
"river"
"history"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Manned by volunteers this is a must as you can see how the area was claimed and drained. See the engines, and their capcacity to keep the area in rich farmland for generations past and in the future.

1  Thank andrew e
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend & I took my dad out for his birthday to this drainage museum. I have to say, I was not looking forward to it as it didn't look like it would interest me whatsoever. However, I absolutely loved it! We were greeted by a lovely lady called Joan who was very helpful and informative. I think her husband was one of the guys who set up the place.
It was very interesting and we plan to go again when they have the engines up & running.
Well worth a visit!

3  Thank Sarahlouise1990
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Beautifully restored engine and building. A world class presentation in the middle of nowhere ! Snacks and toilets. For anyone interested in steam or the Fens history this is a must. Great location for picnic and boats but nothing else for miles !

1  Thank mike j