“Consistently bland”

Nellie Gray's Indian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Alderney
Price range: US$26 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Our restaurant opened in 1996,we serve authentic bangladeshi food,we open for morning coffes from 10am to 12noon and have a special lunch menu from 12noon to 2pm.We open again from 6pm till 11pm and take oders for take aways also,we hope you will visit us when you visit our beautifull island Alderney which we and our island has to offer.2014 Winner of Certificate of Excellence.
Alderney, United Kingdom
“Consistently bland”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've visited Nellie Gray's a few times over the last five years. It is consistently rubbish. The food is bland and tasteless. They sometimes leave out some of the ingredients that are displayed on the menu. The prices are high for what you get. I usually end up with a stomach ache afterwards. It is the worst Indian restaurant I have visited. You can do better with a jar of ready made sauce from the supermarket.

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank BeepBo

Northants
“Nice Meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Ate at this Indian restaurant twice during a weeks visit in July 2014.
A real surprise to find a decent Indian on the island where good pub food is tricky to find.
Nothing out the ordinary where the menu is familiar and curry's well cooked.
Job done after being out at sea all day.

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank NorthantsRob
Taunton, United Kingdom
“A great restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I holidayed in Alderney last week and ate at Nellie Gray's on three occasions
because we were so pleased with the food and the service. The friendly owner and waiter were very helpful in suggesting items from the menu and we were delighted with what we chose.
The sag dishes were particularly tasty (great spinach), likewise the chicken marrengo.
The atmosphere in the restaurant was very pleasant and the service fast and efficient. Overall
we couldn't fault it! We will be back next year!

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Hilary B
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant with take away service available.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff at Nellie Grays were extremely pleasant, and adapted their menu to help my fussy vegetarian partner. Best Jalfreezy I have ever had. Definitely recommend and visited for past 14 years and has never disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Janet B
London
“Poor Service, Poor Value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently ate at Nellie Gray's in a group of ten people. Some went a la carte and others ordered the 'set' menu. Those who chose off the menu enjoyed their meal. Those who chose the set menu at £18.50 a head were very disappointed. The starters were enjoyable and consisted of a salad, Chicken Tikka and a Lamb Samosa. The set menu entitles you to one main, one vegetable and one rice. We ended up with less main dishes and less vegetable dishes than had been ordered. Set menu portions were half the size of of the a la carte meals. The Chana Masala to go with my main arrived five minutes after I had finished eating my meal.

When challenged over the amount of dishes, staff said that some vegetables were double portions and that is why we had less.

If you are going to eat here, pre-book and go a la carte.

I view the meal as expensive and average in quality.

• Visited June 2014