“Tasty Tapas!”

Gloria's Food
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Gloria's Food is a small family-run restaurant on the picturesque island of Alderney, tucked away in the Albert Mews off the main high street. Combining her award-winning dishes and over 20 years of culinary experience, Gloria has created a mouth-watering array of ever-changing tastes unique to the island. Whether you prefer tapas, soul food or some of her traditional signature dishes, there is something for everyone at Gloria's Food!Al Fresco Dining, Free Wifi, Cards Accepted, BYO Wine available
Reviewed 9 June 2014

So, I use trip advisor a lot when I'm at home and thought I'd check out the places to eat on the island seeing as it's been a couple of years and a few things have changed, this is however the first time I've been compelled to leave a review, Gloria's Food is tucked away from the main high street but absolutely worth seeking out. The food, service and over all experience for myself and other two guests in my party had been flawless. The rather un-assuming 'shop front' of the restaurant lets you in for a lovely surprise, so you would be a fool to judge this book by its cover. The lunch menu Is laid out nicely with a lot to choose from. We all had the different selections from the reasonably priced tapas menu. We didn't have to wait long for the food to be brought out (it was a lovely day so we enjoyed the sun outside with a beverage, or two) and the presentation of the food was lovely. The one chap that looked after us was a nice bloke, he gave us loads of advice about where to go on the island and things to do, as well as having a great knowledge of the menu, funnily enough something that lacks in other restaurants. We will be trying a few other places before we go home at the end of the week, but guaranteed we will visit this place again before we go. Thanks for a lovely lunch.

1  Thank Grb9311

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. Food at reasonable prices but for my husband the black pudding made it!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a small but very popular restaurant that offers delicious and interesting food. Menu includes a great variety, we really enjoyed our fish,tapas, goat curry and lamb tagine. If you want really tasty food in an unpretentious restaurant then give Gloria's a try.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We took my sister and bother in law here for the last night of their visit. Lovely selection of tapas to start with and then we all had the Fijian Suruwa which was excellent! Followed by my favourite dessert the Cappucino Mousse. A meal to remember. Service was friendly and attentive and the waiter certainly new his dishes! Look forward to taking the next lot of visitors in June. Thanks Gloria and team!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

For the second year running my fiancé and I enjoyed an exquisite meal here, best restaurant on Alderney!

1  Thank Jgtwist2