“Great food!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alderney
The Georgian House Hotel
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Great food!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

All I can say is what really let our dining experience down was the vile waitress! So rude! Just huffed and puffed at us. Highly recommend the burger! Best chips! Best chips I've ever eaten anywhere! I've eaten in so many places and I've found everyone in Alderney very friendly. It's a pitty that this lady ( whome I believe has a reputation) spoilt our evening.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Waterstone1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed in the Georgian for a short break. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the rooms pleasant and comfortable. The food is excellent and obviously very popular with the locals too.

Only slight downside was that our room was at the front of the building and it was rather noisy overnight.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DW_10101
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Travelled across from Guernsey for a short break and we wanted to be in the town (Victoria Street) as we knew rain would prevent long walks. The Georgian is a small hotel with only four letting rooms but the staff were kind and helpful and the food was delicious. The rooms are at the top of the hotel so guests should not mind using stairs as it is an old building with no lift. Unless it is summer and you need to be on the beach this is the place to stay in Alderney.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia E
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The Georgian is a perfect place to stay for a short break. Great location in the middle of the prettiest town in the Channel Islands. Gorgeous rooms with lovely thoughtful touches of great tea/coffee and fudge. Not just standard stuff. Very warm welcome. Wonderful food esp. Sunday lunch. Looking forward to coming back next summer, Aurigny permitting.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lizsville
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I came to the hotel with no preconceptions; this was my "second" choice of places to stay.
It wasn't long before I wondered how I could possibly have enjoyed my holiday had I not stayed at the Georgian!
All my boxes were well ticked .. and even boxes I hadn't thought of!
As a walker the daily "welcome back home" I received after a good eight to nine hours out exploring the countryside (thank you sugey) was lovely. The clean, tidy, spacious room, perc coffee, tea selection and warm bath [or shower] was always well received. And not to be overlooked, the good / fabulous breakfast that gets any active guy going for the day, followed by an incredibly tasty and well prepared dinner in the evening to finish the day was such that this hotel just couldn't be beaten for quality meals of excellence. I came away feeling I had not even had such good meals even if France, let alone anywhere I'd stayed previously.
Finally from the impression of how I was looked after I felt that the hotel team took every request I offered as an opportunity to please and go beyond in a race to excel, Well done all ... and thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank royhbrown53
London, England
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Fabulous buzzy, friendly place in the heart of St Anne. Great staff - courteous and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return .......;-). Special thanks, too, to Judy for taking us to the airport this morning for our early flight !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank srhmbe
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Very friendly and welcoming place. The pub downstairs is a meeting place of the community and tourists alike. Despite this the room was very quite and we hadn't slept that well for a long time. Great choice for breakfast including kippers, smoked salmon as well as the traditional bacon and sausage options. There is also a lovely beer garden towards the back. They even provided us with take-away Fish and Chips with peas and homemade tartare sauce which we had at the seafront. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Holger K

Been to The Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!