“You're really welcome”
Review of The Victoria Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alderney
The Victoria Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Alderney
Alderney, United Kingdom
“You're really welcome”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The welcome from Jenny upon arrival was great, as was the lovely double-bedded room (just for me!) with its recently refurbished en-suite bathroom, with shower also. Breakfast was freshly prepared and included traditional English fare, Jenny's homemade Strawberry jam and smoked haddock was no problem! My seven night stay came to an end all too soon but the real bonus was a further night's stay when fog prevented any aircraft from landing and my early evening ring on the bell found Jenny offering a bijou single-bedded room with refurbished en-suite shower room. The hotel offers free WiFi, a comfortable lounge and a warm welcome which appears to be infectious throughout Alderney. Roll-on my return!

Room Tip: Rooms 2 & 3 offer views onto Victoria Street with its daytime activity but everywhere is quiet a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Peter B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We have stayed here two years running and have really enjoyed ourselves on both occasions. Jenny is a very friendly host and the quality of the guest lounge, the bedrooms and the breakfast (complete with homemade jam!) was all really good!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Boycie76
petersfield
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My wife and travel a lot , and Jennys victoria hotel is bar far the nicest we have stayed in , the rooms (we had number 1) was spotless , as was the en suite , the breakfast was excellent , we told jenny before hand that we were both vegatairians , that was no problem what so ever , a very nice lounge with a sesection of book and games , just in case the weather is bad , situated in the heart of St annes , you coulkd not find a more helpful host , you have to try Jennys home made marmalade.

would we return , you bet we will , when you leave , you know you have made a friend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank spriguns
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed 2 nights, have worked in tourism for 25 years, so I know what to expect. This was a good value stay, but it is a bit odd to call this a hotel...... it is a nice B&B. I don't relate to the negative reviews written.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Keith B
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I was moved to write this review having seen the negative review below which I do not recognise as being accurate whatsoever. I have stayed at The Victoria Hotel twice over the last couple of years and on both occasions have loved my stay. The location of the hotel is ideally placed with easy access to everything you may require, but sufficient distance to be nice and quiet when it comes to going to bed.

The most impressive part of my two stays was the wonderful hospitality, not limited merely to politeness, but by a genuine interest in giving advice about where to go to try and make you stay as rewarding as possible. I am not someone who typically posts positive reviews on a whim but in this instance I greatly enjoyed both my stays and have since recommended both Alderney and the Victoria Hotel to friends.

Additionally- the breakfast was outstanding and it took tremendous willpower to try and not take up the generous offer of more food each morning. I will no doubt visit again in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Paul S
Swansea
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our brief visit and wished we could have stayed longer. The room was large and at our request, very quiet. The room and bathroom were spotless, and breakfast to die for, including homemade plum jam. Jenny is very accomodating and nothing was to much trouble. We hope to return for a longer visit, enabling us to explore this unique island.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MillfieldPobble
Kealakekua, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed at this lovely bed and breakfast hotel for 4 nights. It is located in the town of St. Anne in the center of the island on a cobbled street. The host - Jenny - cooks delicious full breakfasts and welcomes her guests with a warm smile and a friendly personality. My room was cosy and well appointed, with a flat screen TV, and its own adjoining and beautifully bright, sunny bathroom. I highly recommend the Victoria Hotel, and look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderney
Stocks Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderney
La Fossardiere
La Fossardiere
#1 of 2 in Omonville-la-Petite

Been to The Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!