“What happened in 2 weeks?”
Review of Confucius

Confucius
Ranked #135 of 242 Restaurants in Guernsey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“What happened in 2 weeks?”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I came here in mid January for the first time ever. I normally go to china red but it's expensive. We heard good things about Confucius and so gave it a go. I turned up to pick up my takeaway. It was ready, really good value for money in guernsey and when we got it home it was tasty too. We resolved to make it our new Chinese.

As I write this review I'm stood in Confucius and it will be the last time. We ordered our food at 6.50, we were told it would be ready for 8. We turned up at 7.55 I walked in and was totally ignored for 5 minutes while I stood at the bar and watched a woman lazily pouring drinks in front of me. Then a woman walked in and stood behind me in the queue and the waitress walked out from behind the bar and started talking to her. When I was eventually served I got "take away?" I said yes and gave my name and she wondered off. She then walked out of the kitchen and wondered around the restaurant aimlessly without telling me what was happening. There's no hello, no please, no thank you no courtesy. No nothing. I wasn't even apologise to when it came out 12 minutes late. The restaurant was barely half full at the time. AVOID, pay the extra for china red. Always great food and always friendly helpful staff.

1 Thank BenLaParole

“A pleasant outing”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I went on a Saturday evening. It seemed moderately busy in the restaurant, however there were a steady stream of customers coming in to pick up their takeaways.
The first thing that I noticed were the chipped wine glasses, which was unfortunate. However, the decor in general is quite nice and very presentable.
The menu is comprehensive and appealing and the wine list has something for everyone. The food was satisfactory. The duck in particular was presented nicely and shredded at the table by our helpful, friendly waitress.
A fine choice of establishment for a decent Chinese meal.

• Visited September 2013
“Lovely takeaway”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had stopped eating Chinese, as the msg they use made us ultra thirsty, as we don't use salt in our diet. This restaurant doesn't seem to use as much and their food is just as delicious, if not more. We pre-order and when we got there to collect it, the food was ready and piping hot. A definite for Chinese food lovers.

Visited September 2013
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Unexpected Gem”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Although this place is a little off the beaten track, the food was reasonably priced and very tasty. Worth a visit!

Visited July 2013
Guernsey, null, United Kingdom
“Very good indeed”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

A chinese restaurant that is run by a family that offers, exceptional asian cuisine cooked to a very high standard i recommend the chicken satay, squid and salt and pepper chicken. Service is of a high standard it is quick and prompt from when you walk into the restaurant and when you come to pay your bill.

Confucius offers a takeaway service too where your food is put into reusable plastic tubs (to benefit the environment).

• Visited March 2013