“A buffet/carvery second to none”

Harbour Room at The Pomme d'Or Hotel
Ranked #50 of 420 Restaurants in Jersey
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Healthy
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: An elegant, relaxed restaurant, with magnificent views across Liberation Square to the marina Light and airy, and decorated in an elegant style, the Harbour Room is surrounded by large, panoramic windows which allow guests to enjoy the natural daylight or the magical harbour lights in the evenings. The buffet offers an ever-evolving selection of seasonal dishes. With its friendly and professional levels of service, the Harbour Room is famous throughout the island as the place to be.The Harbour Room offers buffet style service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The setting is perfect for lunch meetings, where you can set the speed of service yourself. Alternatively, enjoy a lazy lunch unwinding with friends and family. The Harbour Room is famous for its Sunday lunch, which is a wonderful family experience and extremely popular. The restaurant maintains an excellent local reputation, especially for Friday nights when a magnificent seafood buffet is served with the most delectable ingredients such as: gravadlax, gambas, langoustines, mussels, crab claws, oysters, whole dressed salmon and much more.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place never fails to excel at a fantastic array of cold starters from a beautifully presented cold buffet and then on to an albeit limited carvery the quality is second to none . And at just over 20 pounds sterling you will not be disappointed or hungry !!!!

1  Thank Tom L

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I am working and living in Jersey and have been looking forward to trying the Seafoof Buffet at the Pomme since I have been here. I have just visited with my wife and 12 year old son and was delighted. All of the food I tried and I really did try a lot was good quality, well cooked and presented. The buffet is topped up and dressed throughout the evening. The choice of fish is huge and this is ideal for anyone who likes fish and who wants to try small amounts of lots of different things. You can literally eat as much as you want and there are numerous salads, a soup, many desserts and there are meat dishes as well as oodles of fish. My 12 year old wasn't sure if he liked the idea but within minutes was trying various dishes, The staff were very welcoming and whilst not a "cheap" meal for what you get it was very good value for money. There was a gentleman playing the grand piano all evening and he played a massive selection of music from all eras. I made a point of thanking him and saying how good his playing was as sadly most people did treat it as background music and he was a very talented pianist. I will be going back with some other family members that are also fish lovers.

2  Thank graykel
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the third time that I've thoroughly enjoyed a Friday fish night here with my daughter. I'm amazed to read some comments regarding quality of the food, this for me was the strong point of the venue.

There is plenty of choice of well cooked fish and other meats available a great selection of wine and an ample choice of deserts.

I always say that the atmosphere is what you make it to be, I find it a very suitable venue to relax catch up with my daughter and experience great quality food and plenty of it.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ask for a window table and enjoy the view at night, Friday has a superb self serve, seafood selection, fixed price and excellent value. Open to non residents.

2  Thank David M
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went for lunch on a saturday with a QuidsIn voucher. Basically, it was 2 for the price of 1.

Once seated, a waited demanded to know "what do you want?" After blank looks from us he said"….to drink".

The buffet starters were all cold and of poor quality. Mini pork pies sliced in half, a quiche that looked like it has come from Iceland etc. The only acceptable items were the smoked fish.

We booked our table for 1 pm and went to get our main course at about 1.30pm. By this time, the two roasts (beef and turkey) were finished. I asked if more would be brought out and a roast pork appeared. That was it - no choice. I always thought a "carvery" would offer more than one meat. The pork was over cooked and all the veg on offer was luke warm.

I am so glad I didn't pay full price. I thought the idea of QuidsIn was to encourage people back to pay full price. Not a chance ! This nice hotel should be ashamed at the food and service on offer in their restaurant.

1  Thank JerseyJo
Seymourgroup, General Manager at Harbour Room at The Pomme d'Or Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear JerseyJo

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and I’m very sorry to learn of your disappointment.
It is most regrettable that you did not speak with the restaurant manager or duty manager at the time, in order that they may have taken prompt action to resolve any unsatisfactory issues.
I assure you that the service you describe is most uncharacteristic and by no means a reflection of our normal standards.
If you would like to discuss your experience more specifically with me, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Thank you once again.