“Never order from here....takeaway was foul, cheap and rude staff!”
Review of The New Raj - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2013

ordered a takeaway recently as I had heard something good about the food, someone was obviously having a laugh when they told me this! person on the phone didnt have the time of day and couldnt care less...was told the order would be 30 minutes, arrived over an hour later, delivery driver practically threw the food at me and didnt even say a word, and I had the wrong order, but i tried to phone and no one answer twice, when someone finally picked up the phone the response i got when I told them i had the wrong order was.....'well, what do you want me to do its a busy night.....no apology! I was shocked and they told me they could not resent the right order and next time I could have 1 dish on the house....a whole wrong order for one free dish! As they didnt have the time of day i told them forget it and i would never order again...his response..'ok' the food they did send, no idea what it was and it was disgusting! worst indian I have ever had! I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone! even my dog would eat it and he eats anything!!!!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I hade a chicken korma, the chicken was so pink, which I didnt realised until I had eaten half of it. The sauce was so runny it was obviously watered down!

Did not feel so good the next day....would never eat here again. Plus the service was terrible, the staff are rude and unattentive. They could not care less.

I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone, I work in the hospitality industry and I will definately make sure this restaurant is never recommended to any of my clients.

Kass M, Manager at The New Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

We are surprised that this customer did not take the time to complain while he was in the restaurant. All our food is cooked thoroughly using only fresh ingredients. In any case we certainly hope this gentleman is feeling better!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I ordered a takeaway from New Raj and when it arrived I received the incorrect order! I rang the restaurant and advised them and was told that this was impossible... I advises them that I have ordered the dish before and the one I have received this time is definitely the wrong dish. I was told that the driver would not come back and to eat the dish provided. The dish provided was foul!!! My cat would not even eat it! I complained and said this is terrible service and was advised my card was refunded for the dish I should have received and told rudely that they would no longer accept orders to my address!

***DONT ORDER FROM HERE***

We received no complaints from any other clients on this evening. This gentleman called after the driver had already gone home so on this occasion we were unable to send the driver to investigate the problem or replace the dish. We therefore provided a refund. Unfortunately, however, rudeness towards our staff will never be tolerated.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I had a great meal here on the banquette menu which was a bargain at £12.95pp. The room is long and thin so someone will end up quite tight against the wall.
The menu had some different dishes that you don't normally see along with all the usual.
Good size portions.
Friendly staff and quick service.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just been to the Diwali festival with my family . What can I say .. Fantastic. As always . Food was amazing , excellent service . Kas and the boys are my extended family . I can't recommend it enough . Celebrated twice a year - a must for everyone