“Once again, superb”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Liverpool
“Once again, superb”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is my third visit to the New Raj and once again was not disappointed. The food is always spot on, staff attentive and has a nice atmosphere too. Highly recommended for sure.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Paul B

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Best Indian cusine In Jersey!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had a few fanatastic meals here now! And every dish has been delicious, generously served portions and wonderful staff who go above and beyond to ensure a fantastic meal! Recommend a Tuesday night where you can have a feast for about £15! You choose any starter, main, rice and naan plus poppadoms and dips - fantastic value! Overall A proper traditional Indian restaurant with authentic tasty food and great service!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank helen b
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely BIR Food”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I ate here on our trip to Jersey last month as last time she was there, she had ate at the one round the corner and wasn't impressed. Being a self-confessed curryholic, both cooking and eating, I have to say that I thought this was a really good Indian restaurant with decent food. The service was good and the lad serving was very friendly and polite. We both liked it that much we went back again the following night. We had a good chat with the owner after our meal who was also very friendly. This is another place we'll definitely be going back to on our return.

On a footnote, normally in Indian restaurants you always are getting prompted for more drinks once your glass is empty which narks me slightly as I think that if I want one I'll order one. In the New Raj they didn't do this and for the first time ever I found it narked me even more that he didn't as I had to keep trying to attract his attention for a drink. You just can't win in the restaurant trade :-) I'll never moan to the missus about anyone asking if I need more drinks ever again.
We'll be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank PossTub
Whitwick
“Bombay Aloo to die for”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Had a four night stay in Jersey last week. Called into this restaurant on our first night here and were not disappointed. Friendly staff, excellent food, especially the potatoes. We were so impressed that we again ate there on our last evening. Hopefully going to Jersey again in July, so will want to eat there again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SusanHWhitwick
Jersey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is possibly the best Indian restaurant in Jersey. The restaurant has a delightful ambiance, the service is attentive but unobtrusive, and the food is truly outstanding.
Highly recommended.
Excellent value.
First Class.
And they have and excellent takeaway service too.

• Visited January 2014