“A true local Jersey seaside café”

St Catherine's Breakwater cafe
Ranked #238 of 414 Restaurants in Jersey
Cuisines: Thai, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you want to pop into a true Jersey café which is packed with local people, The Breakwater Café at St Catherine is the place to visit. It's important to note that this is a seaside/beachside café with café prices and not a full blown restaurant.

During the day the café offers all day breakfasts, bacon rolls, beef burgers (my favourite!) incredible lobster salads (£10.95) fish pie, ribs, Jersey Bean Crock, crab sandwiches, cakes, cream teas and the biggest and best ice creams you'll find in Jersey.

The amazing Thai chefs arrive at 5:00, and from 6:00pm until last orders at 08:30pm the café also provides Thai food which has got to be the best value authentic food in Jersey. We (2 adults and 2 teenage children) recently popped in after work to try the Thai food. We picked up a bottle of Mâcon-Lugny from the Wine Warehouse at Five Oaks on the way through. The food was perfect - not too hot. The service was basic but friendly, the views are amazing, the banter from the locals is hilarious and the price... astonishing. Just £33.00 for the four of us.

We are now regulars every week, usually after a swim from the breakwater slipway just meters away. #lovejersey follow them on twitter!

1  Thank JsyPogal

Reviewed 29 July 2013

A really nice place, good food, great portions, friendly staff. What you see is what you get. Yummy fresh seafood.

1  Thank Alan V
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Went to St Catherine's Breakwater last Saturday evening to walk the dog, did not know that the cafe stayed open late (last orders 8-30pm) having walked the length of the breakwater decided to look at the menu. Had steak, egg, chips and peas and my wife had Gammon, pineapple , chips and peas a couple of soft drinks and Ice cream for less than £20.00. The food was very good (not greasy at all) the service very good and the staff very polite and pleasant. The menu is extensive and the Thai menu also looked very good and we shall return and sample this soon.
Would eat here again and would recommend, However, remember it is not a restaurant its a CAFE and your NOT paying restaurant prices your paying CAFE prices for good quality CAFE food.
The clue is in the name St Catherine's Breakwater CAFE!!!!

1  Thank JerseyChris061
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The worst breakfast I have ever tried in Jersey ,I think the waiting staff knew I was not amused when I used all my napkins to soak up the grease on a deep fried breakfast and my wife poured about an inch of water of her poached eggs that were boiled in a gallon of vinegar WON'T be back

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Looking at the other reviews on this page, I thought that we may have gone to another St Catherines. Still, thinking about it I suppose that it is some time since we actually had a meal there.However, the doughnuts are still superb. Had some sandwiches for lunch yesterday and they were the best we have found since arriving in Jersey 10 days ago. Fresh bread, thick cheese filling with chunky tomato, presented in a box with a crisp moist salad garnish. The standard of the lunch snacks on this island has deteriorated significantly over recent years, but not it seems to us, at the St Catherine's cafe.