La Sablonnerie really is getting away from it all as one crosses La Coupee on foot (H and S!) behind the immaculate horse and carriage, leaving the trippers behind in the village and clopping through the country lanes with views across the sea to a true garden hotel. Most efficiently our cases brought by brother Peter in his tractor were already in our room.
First time on Sark, we had found it was the Sheep Races weekend (which actually turned out to be great fun) but a great relief to be staying at quirky, quiet and very independently run by Elizabeth, La Sablonnerie. Rather small room outside (but we were last minute guests) but quiet and perfectly adequate in good weather. Fruit and flowers in the room and welcome coffee tray first thing, and a slug of sloe gin last thing after an excellent dinner (made from the sloe bushes on the farm).
We really appreciated the five star professionalism of all the staff with Nigel and the chef producing good reasonable wines and delicous food. We loved eating outside on a balmy evening, and returning from stunning walks to the pretty gardens to lunch or drinks there or in the neighbouring Tea Garden (also owned by the Perrees).
Apart from the quiet comfort of the hotel on Little Sark and scenery, we loved visiting the glorious walled garden of La Seineurie and the carriage rides efficiently organised by Elizabeth. We just hope that old Sark families like the Perrees continue to give such pleasure to visitors, and resist the wholesale attempts at acquisition by The Brothers that could turn Sark into any other resort island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the magical charm of La Sablonnerie, a hotel of rare quality situated in the southern part of Sark, even more beautiful, remote and romantic than the rest. Unspoiled and scenic, it is a haven for lovers of peace and tranquillity. Nestled in the lovely award winning gardens(Sark Midsummer Show 2012) this oasis of hospitality has an enchanting air of simplicity and sophistication. The bar is a convivial meeting place with a roaring log fire. Savour a gourmet luncheon or dine romantically by candlelight. Excellent cuisine, including fresh Sark lobster and produce from the farm and gardens. Own horses and carriages. A truly amazing experience. Don't leave the Channel Islands without visiting Sark and Little Sark.It will be an experience that will live with you forever. Birds, Butterflies and Flowers - SARK - How could one not enjoy this beautiful paradise? A stepping stone to heaven. An hotel with a real 'joie de vivre' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your La Sablonnerie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Sablonnerie Hotel Sark
- La Sablonnerie Sark, Channel Islands