We have just returned from an idyllic short break on Sark staying at the La Sablonnerie. We stayed in room 14 that is the Honeymoon suite and is featured in the brochure and is truly beautiful. You have a lounge that is very well furnished with a separate large bedroom and bathroom. Flowers and fruit greeted our arrival in the room that was wonderfully clean and well presented.
This was our first visit to Sark and it was a superb trip. We were collected by carriage, which was arranged by the hotel, from the boat as no cars are allowed on the Island and taken on the short trip to the hotel, which was a lovely way to travel and get to see some of the Island. It really did feel like going back in time.
The Island has lots of places to walk & see – We hired bikes that made getting around easier and allowed us to see most of the Island sites in the 3 days.
The Hotel dates back to 1500’s and is steeped in history – The owner has done a great job to keep as much of the originality whilst creating a very comfortable hotel. This is not your typical city centre 4 star hotel with every room the same and with state of the art entertainment systems etc – This is a piece of history with uniqueness and not a TV or radio to disturb the piece (although I believe one could be provided if anyone felt the need). The feeling was more of being a houseguest in someone’s country home than patron of your typical hotel where you are “just another punter”.
The staff are just fantastic always on hand and nothing is too much trouble. The whole hotel is scrupulously clean and well groomed with the gravel paths raked before breakfast, windows cleaned daily (it seemed) and the rooms refreshed during breakfast, cleaned during guest absence during the day and turned down during dinner.
Food was just great – Good choice and lovely presentation.
It turned a little colder on Monday and when we got back to our room after dinner what a nice surprise we got as we slipped between the crisp linen sheets to find 2 hot water bottles warming the bed!
On leaving the hotel the luggage was left in our room and the next time we saw it was as we boarded the boat and it was already safely on board without us having to lift a finger!
If you want total relaxation, great food and attentive service this really is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the magical charm of La Sablonnerie, a hotel of rare quality situated in the southern part of Sark, even more beautiful, remote and romantic than the rest. Unspoiled and scenic, it is a haven for lovers of peace and tranquillity. Nestled in the lovely award winning gardens(Sark Midsummer Show 2012) this oasis of hospitality has an enchanting air of simplicity and sophistication. The bar is a convivial meeting place with a roaring log fire. Savour a gourmet luncheon or dine romantically by candlelight. Excellent cuisine, including fresh Sark lobster and produce from the farm and gardens. Own horses and carriages. A truly amazing experience. Don't leave the Channel Islands without visiting Sark and Little Sark.It will be an experience that will live with you forever. Birds, Butterflies and Flowers - SARK - How could one not enjoy this beautiful paradise? A stepping stone to heaven. An hotel with a real 'joie de vivre' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your La Sablonnerie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Sablonnerie Hotel Sark
- La Sablonnerie Sark, Channel Islands