After reading some of the bad reviews I was a little wary. There are some issues, but nothing major. The rooms are probably due a repaint the carpet colour is out of date (nice wine red), the shower pod is a little different. The room was spacious and clean, and although the immediate location is a little industrial it is close to the train station and a short walk from the city centre. If you are going to be nit picky, then I suggest you double your budget and book one of the posher hotels, but if you want good value for money in a location that means your within walking distance of the city, then this is the place. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the full English breakfast is very good (excellent sausages). Very good value indeed. And get there early if you want to park your car for free otherwise it's £5.70 a day in the station carpark. We had a large room at the back which was quiet. Be aware that this is an old building so do not be surprised if you hear a squeaky floor board or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lloyds of Chester Hotel is a family owned and run hotel, conveniently located near the train station in the heart of the historic city of Chester. The city of Chester is steeped in history, culture and fantastic shopping facilities making it a perfect retreat for every occasion. Whether you are looking for a romantic retreat or a base to explore the regional attractions, Lloyds Hotel offers something special for everybody. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lloyds of Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lloyds Of Chester Hotel Chester
- Lloyds Hotel Chester
- Lloyds Of Chester Cheshire